Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Simpsons Season 20 (DVD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,098 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 05:23 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   DavidBC

DavidBC

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 08:29 PM

Does this mean no commentaries?

I don't care for modern films. All crashing cars and close-ups of people's feet.
-Lillian Gish

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianJau

BrianJau

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 02:41 AM

I would assume they're going to continue with their practice of doing commentaries for every episode. In fact, it probably was easier for them to do commentaries for this set, since they don't really have track down people who are no longer working on the show; the staff's pretty much the same for S20 as it is for the current season.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,094 posts

Posted December 08 2009 - 09:29 AM

As an obsessive collector, will there be any reason to get both the Blu-Ray and regular DVD of this?

Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,342 posts

Posted December 08 2009 - 10:28 AM

As someone who doesn't have Blu-Ray, I hope not and fortunately it doesn't look that way.

I haven't listened to a single commentary since season 6 so whether they're there or not means nothing to me--but at the same time, it would be kind of awesome to know that all 400+ episodes have a commentary track, and it'd be kind of weird for that to be the case for 12 releases and then all of a sudden, poof, they're gone. I'd be more concerned if they mentioned commentary on a few episodes; it's probably just assumed that they're available on every episode. But who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users