Jump to content

Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

I'm another poor noob with what is probably a very simple question

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 samc1213



  • 1 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 02 2009

Posted December 02 2009 - 02:46 PM

I want to get a dj system, called the marathon dcm 200mkii. I have these really really crappy but supposedly 150 watt RMS output. The speakers take the standard speaker wire input. As you can see here it has rca output if im not mistaken. Will this unit even put out any power or do i need an amplifier? Also, how can i convert this output to the speaker wire? PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING!! :)


#2 of 3 Al.Anderson



  • 2,118 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 02 2002
  • Real Name:Al

Posted December 02 2009 - 10:05 PM

The DJ unit is meant to be connected to an amplifier/receiver.  You left a key word out of your 2nd sentence, and I can't tell whether you were referring to your speakers or whether you have an all-in-one stereo set-up. 

If it's speakers, then you need an amp (and note that speakers don't have any "output"; they would be rated at 150W).  If you have a stereo system, then you should be good if the system has any sort of line-in connection.

#3 of 3 Stingray8



  • 5 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 08 2009

Posted December 08 2009 - 05:20 AM

according to: 
 it doesn't look like it has a built in amp so you're gonna want to buy an amp that "matches" the speakers you are using. if the amp out powers the speakers, you'll blow the speakers. If the speakers want more juice than the amp can give, you'll blow the amp. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users