Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Matt Houston" will be released next year!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 06:30 AM

According to TVshowDVD the famous 80´s TV series "Matt Houston" will be released in 2010. I always thought that Warner has got the rights but they say that CBS/Parmount will probably release the series next year. We all know what that could mean...-hopefully not half seasons like in "Vega$" or "The Streets of San Francisco". I hat half seasons!!! I´m looking forward to pick up this TV show next year!!!!

#2 of 38 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino 

According to TVshowDVD the famous 80´s TV series "Matt Houston" will be released in 2010.
I always thought that Warner has got the rights but they say that CBS/Parmount will probably release the series next year.

We all know what that could mean...-hopefully not half seasons like in "Vega$" or "The Streets of San Francisco". I hat half seasons!!!

I´m looking forward to pick up this TV show next year!!!!
Agreed on the volume thing; if they cut this in volumes, I will not purchase! It's all or nothing. 
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#3 of 38 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 01:57 PM

I caught the news yesterday aswell.. great news!  

Matt Houston is an Aaron Spelling property so it would fall under the CBS/Paramount library.  As I believe they have the rights to all the Spelling shows.

Full Season sets please!

#4 of 38 OFFLINE   Duane Alford

Duane Alford

Second Unit

• 289 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 04:24 PM

Same here. Complete Seasons, I'll buy in a heartbeat. Split em up and I won't touch em.

#5 of 38 OFFLINE   smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 05:11 PM

I remember watching this show and liking it when it was first on. I may check it out. Personally, I don't care how the seasons are released. I just look at the per episode cost.

#6 of 38 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 2,105 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted December 03 2009 - 12:59 AM

Do CBS/paramount typically split seasons that only have 22-24 episodes per season? I thought that policy was mainly for old (pre-1970s) shows where there were as many as 36 or so episodes per season.

#7 of 38 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,449 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 01:08 AM

i am hoping they do not do the volumes, like Vega$. I can not stand the volumes, because it just clutters my book case.

I like this show and it was only out for three season, so, it should be very easy to sell and package.

#8 of 38 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted December 03 2009 - 01:10 AM

It seems like any CBS/Paramount release that has the Spelling name attached to it gets split seasons. There are exceptions, but then again who knows how they choose to do these. Split seasons make no sense and usually are priced too high for most consumers and sales lack and then further seasons get stalled. Or should I say volumes.

if Matt is indeed a Spelling release then just ready yourself for split seasons. 3 seasons = 6 Volumes and will take them about 4 years to release haha.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#9 of 38 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 04:44 AM

One of the Spelling shows from the 70's / 80's group that CBS/Paramount did not split was "Hotel: Season 1". I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

#10 of 38 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 04:48 AM

I would be wrong in saying previously that CBS / Paramount has the rights to all spelling properties. Because, Sony has Charlie's Angels for one.

#11 of 38 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,388 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 07:29 AM

I'll gladly touch split seasons, maybe not truly gladly but imagine people hadn't bought Streets oSF's first split season it might not have gone beyond that, but it did with two seasons so far. Three to go hopefully being/been remastered by now, but it just shows that no matter how it's released, and for whatever crazy reason split up, it mostly pays off to buy it regardless.  

#12 of 38 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 03 2009 - 08:37 AM

I'm "split" on these s/s sets.  It depends on the show for me.  What I've done is to wait till Christmas or birthday to get s/s sets as a rule.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#13 of 38 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,328 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow 

I'll gladly touch split seasons, maybe not truly gladly but imagine people hadn't bought Streets oSF's first split season it might not have gone beyond that, but it did with two seasons so far. Three to go hopefully being/been remastered by now, but it just shows that no matter how it's released, and for whatever crazy reason split up, it mostly pays off to buy it regardless.  

Another way to look at it is if they had done full season sets then we might have gotten 4 seasons out instead of 2. One can never say never but as of now I would say it looks grim for us getting the remainder of this fine series.

#14 of 38 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,388 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 06:19 PM

I wouldn't say it's grim looking, assuming they did alright in sales which is highly the chance. I think the reason the remaining seasons haven't been released, in succession of the first two, is that they weren't transferred to HD like those had been. That's what hopefully should be corrected now, and it could be why they split them in the first place to make more time, so I too hope they'll be full seasons next. 

#15 of 38 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux 

One of the Spelling shows from the 70's / 80's group that CBS/Paramount did not split was "Hotel: Season 1". I can't think of any others off the top of my head.
That's something that they, so far, are doing right by. I just hope that future releases of that one don't get split.

"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#16 of 38 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,051 posts

Posted December 05 2009 - 01:07 AM

Seasons two and three were the best of this series. Buddy Epsen played Matt's uncle in the third season. Huston also returns to Vietnam in a two part episode to find his cousin.

#17 of 38 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted December 07 2009 - 10:44 AM

I really liked just the first season of matt houston

#18 of 38 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 07 2009 - 01:50 PM

I think the first season is definately the best of the three. But, I enjoyed them all.  Where as Vega$ the first season was the weakest of the three.

#19 of 38 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 07 2009 - 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by bmasters9 

That's something that they, so far, are doing right by. I just hope that future releases of that one don't get split.

Yeah, I hope we see season 2 sometime next year. 

#20 of 38 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted December 07 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'll be getting this.I have no doubt this will be released in split seasons. Mannix is the only obscure cop/detective show that Paramount will release full seasons of,because it was championed by higher ups in the company.I wonder when we'll get an official release date for Matt Houston.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users