-

Photo
- - - - -

4 Christmas BD live

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 554 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 11:50 AM

i guess i am of the wrong generation to be using this stuff....and swore i would not use "live"....but saw some interesting stuff on 4 CHRISTMAS.  Have a PS3.  Download the live extras and press entered....everything just freezes up....what am i doing wrong?
  Thanks for the help.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob kaplan 

i guess i am of the wrong generation to be using this stuff....and swore i would not use "live"....but saw some interesting stuff on 4 CHRISTMAS.  Have a PS3.  Download the live extras and press entered....everything just freezes up....what am i doing wrong?
  Thanks for the help.

You can't be any more generationally inappropriate than me. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

I'm working on the HTF review (another late-arriving review copy), and I'm just now downloading the BD-Live extras. When you say you pressed "enter", do you mean you selected "play"? It's not clear from your description where you were in the process, e.g., whether or not you'd successfully reached the WB BD-Live site; if so, which extras you'd downloaded, at what resolution, and what you were trying to do next. I'm using a Panasonic BD-50.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 554 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 01:05 AM

Thanks for the response.   i went to the BD live site and downloaded the two live extras ( in lowest resolution or at least smallest number so it would get done quicker)....until the little button read "done " in green.  Hummmm...now i can't quite remember...(hehehe) but then i pressed play and there was nothing happening...gave it about 5 or 6 minutes.  No response.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 01:29 AM

Gotcha.

The good news, if you can call it that, is that it isn't you. After my download finished, I got the same result. I too picked the standard definition version, because the d/l speed from Warner's BD-Live site is unbelievably slow. Maybe the hi-def versions would produce a different result, but at this point I'm not willing to wait the extra few hours to find out.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 554 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 04:27 AM

Ahhh.....there is comfort in company...things like this are frustrating....certainly does not make one look at new ideas without skepticism.  i really haven't tried other discs...but someday.....
  Thanks
 bob

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 05:28 AM

Don't let this put you off all BD-Live downloads. I've never had this problem with content from Sony's site or from Paramount's. The problem here may be that Warner doesn't do many discs with BD-Live content, and they're still learning how to do it right.