What's new

Finding Nemo - BluRay? (1 Viewer)

Dan M~

Second Unit
I am un able to find any information on a BluRay version of Finding Nemo. Has this movie been announced?

Thanks,

Dan M~

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing yet, Dan. This is a highly anticipated disc. The colors should be absolutely beautiful in high-def.

An excellent resource for this kind of info is UltimateDisney.com.

Link #1

Link #2

Dan M~

Second Unit
Thanks Mike for the links.

I would have expected Nemo to be one of the easier transfers for them to make. I guess we will wait.

-Dan M~

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup. Not a question of being "easy," I suppose.

More a question of when Disney sees the best window for raking in big $$$ on the re-release. They have this stuff down to a science. I know I'm waiting patiently for Nemo.

And you might be surprised that I'm not so patiently waiting for a Blu-ray release of the Toy Story films.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ That's unfortunate if so. I was hoping we'd see Finding Nemo and The Incredibles out there next year. At least one of them...

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I've been waiting for Finding Nemo myself, it's one of my favorite movies. I recall it was originally coming out quite awhile ago and then got cancelled or delayed or something.

I'm not sure what Pixar is waiting for. Sort of following thier Logic, it should of came out with Wall-E, since it was the same director. But they released Cars along with Wall-E. They seemed to do the director link thing with Up, as that is the only common link I can see between it and Monsters, which came out on the same day.

Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are the only Pixar Blu-rays I'm wondering about. I fully expect them to wait for Toy Story 3 to put that series on Blu-Ray, but Nemo and Incredibles...wondering what the heck they are waiting for. Maybe they are going to make them with more new features, and not so much ports from the DVDs like thier past catalog titles have been. Not that I'm complaining, I'll still buy all the Pixar movies on Blu-ray, even if the special features from the DVDs are identical.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
TS1&2 have been announced. so all the pixars that are left is Finding Nemo and Incredibles.

After that happens, we will see the 3-D versions of all the pixars... AGAIN in a super uber duper edition =).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by JediFonger

TS1&2 have been announced. so all the pixars that are left is Finding Nemo and Incredibles.

After that happens, we will see the 3-D versions of all the pixars... AGAIN in a super uber duper edition =).
I missed that announcment. Are they coming out when TS3 is in the theaters?

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
I'm a little disappointed that Disney isn't holding TS1 & TS2 back until next Fall or Winter to coincide with the release of TS3. I would like to think that they will be among the first 3D BDs (using the new 3D spec)....don't really want to double-dip if I can avoid it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
TS3 comes out in June, not the fall or winter. Studios are much likelier to release earlier movies in a series with the theatrical release of the latest, not the video release.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
then wait =P. the only reason i bought Up&Monsters Inc. recently is because Pixar was basically paying ME to own them, which is very strange and desperate on their part [/url]

I'm a little disappointed that Disney isn't holding TS1 & TS2 back until next Fall or Winter to coincide with the release of TS3. I would like to think that they will be among the first 3D BDs (using the new 3D spec)....don't really want to double-dip if I can avoid it.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
That's what it's looking like. Nemo Blu released along with TS3 Blu in the fall.

This is the one that really pisses me off. They've been teasing us with a Nemo Blu release since Q4 2006. I'm pretty sure Nemo is their best-selling dvd so I guess they decided to hold out for the larger install base. I can understand that, but the wait has been unbareable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks