Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Finding Nemo - BluRay?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   Dan M~

Dan M~

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 05:34 AM

I am un able to find any information on a BluRay version of Finding Nemo.  Has this movie been announced?

Thanks,

Dan M~
-Dan M~

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,486 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 01 2009 - 06:18 AM

Nothing yet, Dan.  This is a highly anticipated disc.  The colors should be absolutely beautiful in high-def.

An excellent resource for this kind of info is UltimateDisney.com.

Link #1

Link #2

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 27 OFFLINE   Dan M~

Dan M~

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 07:25 AM

Thanks Mike for the links.

I would have expected Nemo to be one of the easier transfers for them to make.  I guess we will wait.

-Dan M~
-Dan M~

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,486 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 01 2009 - 07:37 AM

Yup.  Not a question of being "easy," I suppose. 

More a question of when Disney sees the best window for raking in big $$$ on the re-release.  They have this stuff down to a science.  I know I'm waiting patiently for Nemo.

And you might be surprised that I'm not so patiently waiting for a Blu-ray release of the Toy Story films.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 08:05 AM

They can take their time while I recover from being broke. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif"> <br /></span>
<br />
_Man_<br />

<br />

</div>

<div class= Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,461 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 01 2009 - 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong ">

They can take their time while I recover from being broke.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/tongue.gif

_Man_

I could be wrong but I think Pixar's 2010 Blu-ray releases will be the three Toy Story movies so you've got some time to recover. Of course, it's likely that you want those too so you may want to recover quickly. 

<br />

</div>

<ul id='postControlsNormal_3523774' class='post_controls clear clearfix' >
					<li class='top hide'><a href='#ipboard_body' class='top' title='Back to top'>Back to top</a></li>

</ul>

</div>
		</div>
	</div>

<hr />

<script type= var pid = parseInt(3523774); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_3523774') ) { $('multiq_3523774').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_3523774') ) { $('toggle_post_3523774').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[3523774] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted December 01 2009 - 09:19 AM

^ That's unfortunate if so. I was hoping we'd see Finding Nemo and The Incredibles out there next year. At least one of them...

#8 of 27 OFFLINE   Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 09:28 AM

I've been waiting for Finding Nemo myself, it's one of my favorite movies. I recall it was originally coming out quite awhile ago and then got cancelled or delayed or something.

I'm not sure what Pixar is waiting for. Sort of following thier Logic, it should of came out with Wall-E, since it was the same director. But they released Cars along with Wall-E. They seemed to do the director link thing with Up, as that is the only common link I can see between it and Monsters, which came out on the same day.

Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are the only Pixar Blu-rays I'm wondering about. I fully expect them to wait for Toy Story 3 to put that series on Blu-Ray, but Nemo and Incredibles...wondering what the heck they are waiting for. Maybe they are going to make them with more new features, and not so much ports from the DVDs like thier past catalog titles have been. Not that I'm complaining, I'll still buy all the Pixar movies on Blu-ray, even if the special features from the DVDs are identical.

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,943 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 09:44 AM

TS1&2 have been announced. so all the pixars that are left is Finding Nemo and Incredibles.

After that happens, we will see the 3-D versions of all the pixars... AGAIN in a super uber duper edition =).

#10 of 27 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,461 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 03 2009 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger 

TS1&2 have been announced. so all the pixars that are left is Finding Nemo and Incredibles.

After that happens, we will see the 3-D versions of all the pixars... AGAIN in a super uber duper edition =).
I missed that announcment.  Are they coming out when TS3 is in the theaters?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   Jonathan Kaye

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit

• 399 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I missed that announcment.  Are they coming out when TS3 is in the theaters?

According to the the Digital Bits, it would seem so. Probably Q2 next year, I'd have thought.

"There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes" - The Doctor.

#12 of 27 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,461 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 03:22 AM

Ok.  Thanks.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 04:03 AM

I'm a little disappointed that Disney isn't holding TS1 & TS2 back until next Fall or Winter to coincide with the release of TS3.  I would like to think that they will be among the first 3D BDs (using the new 3D spec)....don't really want to double-dip if I can avoid it.

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 06:40 AM

TS3 comes out in June, not the fall or winter.  Studios are much likelier to release earlier movies in a series with the theatrical release of the latest, not the video release.

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,943 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 09:41 AM

then wait =P. the only reason i bought Up&Monsters Inc. recently is because Pixar was basically paying ME to own them, which is very strange and desperate on their part /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif.

if TS1&2 doesn't have the same discounts i'll most likely wait til the eventual 3-D versions. i already have all the pixars released so far, i'm definitely going to double dip on them =P. Pixar is so amazing, i can't imagine not having any of their stuff on BD =). all i'm missing is the short i think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_Ehr 

I'm a little disappointed that Disney isn't holding TS1 & TS2 back until next Fall or Winter to coincide with the release of TS3.  I would like to think that they will be among the first 3D BDs (using the new 3D spec)....don't really want to double-dip if I can avoid it.

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,943 posts

Posted December 15 2009 - 07:59 AM

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3905
rumors =D

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,486 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 15 2009 - 08:16 AM

Here's hoping. 

Like one of the posters wrote, even if it's a UK-only deal...the US usually isn't too far behind. 

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,461 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 15 2009 - 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon View Post

Like one of the posters wrote, even if it's a UK-only deal...the US usually isn't too far behind. 

Yeah, I'd bet that if Finding Nemo comes out in May in the UK then it'll be out in November in the US.

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted December 18 2009 - 05:59 AM

That's what it's looking like. Nemo Blu released along with TS3 Blu in the fall.

This is the one that really pisses me off. They've been teasing us with a Nemo Blu release since Q4 2006. I'm pretty sure Nemo is their best-selling dvd so I guess they decided to hold out for the larger install base. I can understand that, but the wait has been unbareable.

#20 of 27 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,461 posts

Posted December 18 2009 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettB 

...but the wait has been unbareable.
Especially when you consider how gorgeous this is going to be.  This will a favorite demo disc.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org