Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Last of the Mohicans on bluray?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   bobPON

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 03:25 AM

OK, I finally broke down and bought an HD television and a bluray player. I now find out the one movie that I wanted in bluray isn't available. Does anyone know if The Last of the Mohicans will be out on bluray this year?

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 05:52 AM

Moved from SD DVD - Film and Documentary.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#3 of 11 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 30 2009 - 07:08 AM

It's not on any of the lists I check each week for any time this year, Bob. 

Good luck with your new set up.  Enjoy! 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert George

Robert George

Screenwriter

• 1,014 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 12:32 PM

I have seen a list purportedly of part of Warner's planned Blu-ray release schedule for 2010 in Europe.  Warner has distribution of Last of the Mohicans in Europe and it is listed for late next year.  That obviously doesn't have any direct bearing on a US release as Fox owns this film in the US and they have not made any noise about this title over here.

I will also note that Warner distributes the original theatrical version of this film, not the so-called director's cut that was released on DVD by Fox in the US.  Since if was Michael Mann that altered the theatrical version (hence the term "director's cut"), it is likely that will be the version that eventually gets released on Blu in the US.  Some of us do still like, if not prefer, the theatrical version, so the Warner release will be of as much interest to some of us as any eventual US release from Fox.  As this is one of my top ten "desert island" movies, I will no doubt have both if both get released.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   AaronMK

AaronMK

Supporting Actor

• 768 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted December 09 2009 - 07:24 AM

Was the theatrical cut ever released on DVD in the States?  I think I may have seen it back in the VHS days, and I watched some of it on Hulu recently to see the changes.

I can't wait to get this title on Blu-ray.  Hopefully, they will seamlessly branch both cuts.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 902 posts

Posted December 09 2009 - 07:38 AM

Well it will look better on you new TV,and it might show up on TV ,like HDNet,(which those jerks at Time Warner took off
my system)

Mann is always doing new versions of his movies.I have 4 versions of manhunter,and am not sure which one is the BR version.
also for those looking to buy the Best Buy Blue Ray of PE for the bonus dvd,don't woory about that bonus dvd ,its lame
re-edit of stuff on the Blue Ray,

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   PaulaJ

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts

Posted October 03 2010 - 12:51 AM

Has anyone seen any advance reviews yet of the new blu-ray director's cut of Last of the Mohicans?

PaulaJ

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,575 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 03 2010 - 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by PaulaJ 

Has anyone seen any advance reviews yet of the new blu-ray director's cut of Last of the Mohicans?

I am expecting the review copy some time this week, but Fox typically gives very little lead time.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,027 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 03 2010 - 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by PaulaJ 

I'll have my copy tomorrow and will probably try to watch it then.  I guess the Bogart titles and The Exorcist can wait until later in the week.Posted Image

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   moviegeek123

moviegeek123

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 11:02 AM

This is the only review up that I've seen so far:

http://culturemob.co...-director’s-cut

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted October 23 2010 - 08:29 AM

I just got the blu-ray edition.  I was glad to see that the Clannad song, I Will Find You is on this edition.

Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.