What's new

Onkyo TX-SR707 or Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH ? (1 Viewer)

dobbu

Grip
Real Name
Venkatesh Natarajan
Having trouble selecting one of these? Any help to aide my decision making process will be greatly appreciated.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have had exceptionally good ownership experiences with both Pioneer and Onkyo products. Which has a nicer aesthetic?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have the Pioneer Elite SC 05 and love it.

Looking over the two with them being in the same price bracket the Onkyo looks like it has more features like Dolby Pro Logic IIz, Audyssey MultEQ for Room Correction and Speaker Calibration and HDMI 1080p upscaling powered by Faroujda DCDi Cinema.

Having said that I don't believe you could go wrong with either choice.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Elite 23TXH has MCACC, which is Pioneer's room correction and speaker calibration feature (similar to Audyssey on the Onkyo).

I have been very satisfied with the two Elite receivers I've owned -- my current receiver is the VSX-94TXH. I have never owned an Onkyo receiver, but have read many favorable reviews on their products. As Parker stated, you probably cannot go wrong with either choice.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It looks like to me that the 23txh is a step above the 707. A better comparison might be the 807.

Between the 23 and the 707 I'd take the 23 but I'm also a Pioneer Elite fan. But the 707, at a better price, would also be an excellent choice. Like Parker said, lots of features for the price. And people around here really like Audyssey and it's Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ.

dobbu

Grip
Real Name
Venkatesh Natarajan
thanks folks - my friend next door is getting Onkyo 707; i am going to listen to it and then make a decision; right now leaning towards Pioneer. thanks for all the feedback. regards

jcrilley3

Agent
Real Name
Joe Crilley
I just replaced my 12 year old Pioneer Elite VSX 24TXH with a new Pioneer Elite VSX 21 TXH and it is terrific. I found it very easy to hook up and the sound is incredible. The MCACC room calibrator improved the sound mix tremendously. My only complaint so far is that the GUI interface looks like something you would see on a computer monitor in the 80's.

dobbu

Grip
Real Name
Venkatesh Natarajan
folks - finally i settled for the Onkyo 807 (was on sale in BB) for a good price (i think ). now hunting for good speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks