What's new

Lost: Season Six (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's a tad early but the final season of Lost starts on Tuesday, February 2 at 9 PM (after the obligatory clip show at 8 PM).

This year, they've added

Nestor Carbonell (Richard), Jeff Fahey (Lapidus) and Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana)

to the main cast.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I posted this in the Season Five thread, but I'll repost it here for good measure. ABC's website has a 6-part episode of a fictitious show called "Mysteries of the Universe" (think Unsolved Mysteries) up for viewing at http://abc.go.com/shows/lost/lost-mysteries/ThemeGallery/276307?playlistId=225479&clipId=223040

The first five parts are up there now, with the sixth viewable on the season five DVD/BD. It's about 20 minutes long, and pretty well-done for what they were going for. There were a few interesting pieces of info, though nothing ground-breaking. Still, worth a look if you are a fan of the show, jonesing for a LOST fix.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Good news on the additions to the cast. I hardly think that's spoiler material, but I realize some are ultra-sensitive.

As for the unsolved mysteries thing, you know what Homer Simpsons says: "Don't show 'em til you solve 'em!"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As someone who grew up watching Unsolved Mysteries, I love the Mysteries Of The Universe clips that they've done. Even though it's much more like In Search Of than Unsolved Mysteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

Good news on the additions to the cast. I hardly think that's spoiler material, but I realize some are ultra-sensitive.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider it spoiler material either (especially since they're all just being upgraded from guest star to star) but like you said, I used them for the ultra-sensitive.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Some intereting things pulled from the Mysteries of the Universe clips, which I will spoilerize for now (note, nothing in here has anything to do with the upcoming final season, merely past episodes of the show):

- One of the first lines of the docu is quite similar to Jack's tattoo: "they walk among us, yet they are not us."

- It seems the US government was somewhat monitoring the actions of the Dharma Initiative, though not for any specific island-related reasons.

- The people who joined up with Dharma had people that noticed their absence back home.

- It is suggested that Dharma might been located on one of the 100+ islands of Tonga, in the South Pacific. We know this is wrong, of course, but it raises the possibility that the DI were never *initially* looking for the island, but rather ended up there (brought there by Jacob?), and only later realized its special properties (by this I mean the science people running the experiments, I'm sure the powers that be always inteded to get to the island).

Of course, that Lampost station was built in the church mentioned in the video, so perhaps they were looking for the island all the long, possibly at the behest of Alvar Hanso, who was a weapons profiteer during the war, and could have heard about the legend from any number of sources. Hanso finds a brilliant scientist, DeGroot, funds him, and uses him to locate the island. Sound familiar to anyone?
It's this last point that is the most intriguing part of the video, since it most dierectly ties into the show's actual on-screen events.

At any rate, I'm psyched for the final season of LOST, and am anticipating some nice discussion, rivalling the final season thread of BSG.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Now, here is a spoiler. Carlton Cuse has revealed on his blog that
Rebecca Mader is returning as Charlotte.
Full story here (Spoilers!):
http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/big-lost-spoiler-revealed.php#more

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Not that it's too big of a deal with the stuff mentioned so far, but does it bother anyone else that when you go to click on the "last post" link to take you to this page, the mouseover completely displays everything that is hidden in the actual thread in spoiler tags?

Anyway, I watched all of the Mysteries of the Universe things and it was neat, but was hoping for them to give at least a tiny bit of new (background) information on DHARMA. I don't think there was much in it that we didn't know.

Can't wait for season 6, I just hope something develops into a good replacement for the void that will be there when this season is over.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Anyway, I watched all of the Mysteries of the Universe things and it was neat, but was hoping for them to give at least a tiny bit of new (background) information on DHARMA. I don't think there was much in it that we didn't know.
I thought a few of the things in my spoiler qualified as "tiny new bits of information" :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Josh Dial No, I don't know, I just mean that it asked more questions rather than answering anything. That "Lost Experience" online game after season 2 gave more information, for example. (I didn't actually play it, but followed along on Lostpedia).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Looking forward to this season. Been purposefully avoiding any spoilerage about this season. Won't be back in this thread until the first episode(s) air.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
This will be a long shot, especially because I just saw them, but if anyone has any of the Lost prints for sale, shoot me a PM. These were done through various website misdirects, such as http://wellitsadelicioussandwich.com/dcpb/JayRyan8263245/ and part of a web campaign. These suckers are pretty limited and tough to get, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone wants to sell them!

Thanks,
Pat

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Here is a great roundtable from 3 TV critics and what they hope to see in the final season of Lost and how fan expectations - ala BSG - can make the final season an impossible affair to please everyone.

http://tinyurl.com/ykjwjf8

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Interdesting article, Lou, though to be honest I think the level of discussion here on these forums is much higher than in that roundtable (yes, this is a shamless shoutout to all us posters in the LOST [and BSG!] threads).

The best quote was at the end: "to have the emotional engagement and the sci-fi element at the same time -- to have my heart and my nerd brain activated at the same time -- that's rare."

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
As is the tradition it seems, LOST has two official "Last Supper" pictures out now. Here are the largest versions I could find:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/01/05/arts/supperbig1.jpg
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/01/05/arts/supperbig2.jpg

Interesting, as usual.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Could the final season be the shortest one yet? With the show debuting in February it doesn't look like there will be a whole lot of episodes to make it a full season.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Actually, this final season will have 18 episodes, and since season 5 have 17 episodes, and season 4 only had 14 (due to the writers' strike), this would make it in the middle (s1 had 25, s2 had 24, s3 had 23). Note that the number of *nights* the show airs will be less than 18, since a number of episodes are aired back-to-back, including the premiere and the finale (the premiere is 2hours, eps 1 and 2, and the finale is 3 hours, eps 16, 17, and 18). However, when you watch them back on blu-ray/DVD, you'll see 18 one-hour episodes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The first 4 minutes of Season 6 have been posted on YouTube.

Looks like the rumors were correct as to how this show was
going to begin.

Everyone lands safely in Los Angeles
Oh...and the video is here...

Click Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508