Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any Information available on these short shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted November 19 2009 - 05:23 AM

It's never been a secret on here that I have been a huge fan of some tv series that have had short lived spinoffs.

Since I haven't posed this question for quite a while I thought that I would ask it now:

Does anyone know if there are plans to release the following shows on DVD at some point:

Sanford (sequel to Sanford & Son)
Grady (spinoff from S&S)
Sanford Arms (spinoff from S&S)
Young Maverick (from Maverick)
Bret Maverick (from Maverick)
704 Hauser Street (from All In The Family/Archie Bunker's Place)

I have the all the DVD seasons of Sanford & Son.  I have several episodes of Maverick from Columbia House (VHS) and the New Maverick DVD from earlier this year, and the available seasons of both AITF and ABP.

Just was wondering if any of this would be available.

While I am asking, anyone know if there is gonna be a series release for Chris Elliot's series Get A Life (aired on the Fox network)??

Thanks

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert13

Robert13

Second Unit

• 488 posts

Posted November 19 2009 - 06:04 AM

Have you ever seen "One in a Million" (1980)? Not a spin-off but it was the new series back then starring Shirley Hemphill from "What's Happening!!". I've been hoping to see it one day but I haven't been able to find episodes anywhere.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted November 19 2009 - 10:33 AM

Bret Maverick has run thru on Encore Westerns several times already so your best bet would be to record it from there.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted November 22 2009 - 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock 

Bret Maverick has run thru on Encore Westerns several times already so your best bet would be to record it from there.
Regarding Bret Maverick, they are skipping over the episode entitled, "Welcome to Sweetwater". Unless something changes, you can get that entire series on Encore Westerns with the exception of the one episode. I emailed and wrote a letter to Starz Encore Westerns about this and never heard anything back.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,387 posts

Posted November 24 2009 - 08:19 PM

I was hoping (probably stupidly) that when the Jeffersons continued on dvd that they'd include the four episodes of its spin-off "Checking In" which was the show where Florence went off to work in a hotel. I mean, it was only four episodes and could certainly be easily added to a dvd set. But then again, we're talking Sony here and they didn't even bother to continue on with the Jeffersons, so pttt! to them~~

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted November 27 2009 - 10:48 AM

My understanding was that the Sanford & Son material sold well - that its why I was hoping for a release of "Sanford" soon after.  Didn't happen.

My guess is that if The Jeffersons had sold very well, we still wouldn't get Checkin In.  Although I would probably pick it up.

I really enjoy short lived spin offs of long term series.