What's new

What WB Shows on WB Archives? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

I know we're all anxious to know or see what WB tv shows might come out on the Archives program? Some of the factors we might have to figure in --is that the programs probably wouldn't sell well enough at a Best Buy or Wal-Mart to make back the production costs? This is just speculation/guesses for fun. I have no clues or information on what's coming out.

Shows I'd like to see come out via archives:

Maverick
Search (early seventies series)
Man From Atlantis (the whole series)
77 Sunset Strip
Enos
Grizzy Adams
(I believe WB owns the series)
Surfside Six
Cheyenne
Bronco
Superboy
(the remaining three seasons).
Bret Maverick
New/Young Maverick

Maybe finish up some animated series that WB started, but sales weren't too good.
Xiaolin Showdown
The Zeta Project
Hey! I liked the shows.

Maybe even some animated series like
the Herculoids
Frankeinstein Jr and the Impossibles
to see how sales go.

WB Archives could release one season on one series a month

Well. . What WB series did I miss? What would you like to see?

James

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
In addition to the shows mentioned in the first post, I would like to see Sugarfoot and Colt 45.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
There are so many for me that I can't list them completely now, but your list looks a lot like mine.

Sea Hunt
Fury
Sky King (in an affordable offer online-wide)

I'd like to see a lot of shows completed. A couple here....

Leave it to Beaver
Big Valley

I think that the archive would be a good way to complete some of these abandoned shows.

Plus, I'd jump on some unreleased miniseries fast....

How the West Was Won ('77''79)
And the Sea Will Tell ('92)

Those aren't owned by WB but who knows....maybe someday.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Leave It to Beaver is a universal title and would never be offered in the WARNER Archive series. Maybe Universal would have a similar series for their older shows.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
In the NY Post article on the Warner Archive, they mention Conflict, a show that ran from 1956-57, sharing its time slot with Cheyenne. That would be a great to see. The show is very rare. I'm happy they're considering it.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by jdee28

In the NY Post article on the Warner Archive, they mention Conflict, a show that ran from 1956-57, sharing its time slot with Cheyenne. That would be a great to see. The show is very rare. I'm happy they're considering it.

Wow, Conflict? That's great that they even know they have it. I'd also like to see the other 3 series that originally rotated with Cheyenne - King's Row, Casablanca and Warner Brothers Presents. Wouldn't that be something. By the way, is there a link to the article?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There are only three I can think of...

Freddy's Nightmares, Midnight Caller and Knots Landing.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Hate to stink on a parade...but.
Season sets of old shows on DVDR, no thanks!
Cause even if they did do this, a season would probably cost $200.
The movies they have are already over priced. They cost more than most of the Blu-rays i buy.
Not to mention the fact that DVDR's are not forever (if anything can be)
I know this DVDR program is a niche, and the price reflects that, so i would imagine TV shows would be more of the same.
I would rather see a company like SHOUT! release them, on real DVDs.

My 2 cents for what it worth.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I think that Warner will try to keep the cost of TV shows in the Arcive reasonable. Otherwise, no one will buy them. Plus Warner has never sub-licensed any of their catalog that I know of.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I would love to see either incarnation of Casablanca in the archive. I very much enjoyed the early 80s series starring David Soul.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I would love to see Love Sidney starring Tony Randall. Also more 80's shows that they seem not to care about releasing or continuing to release like Growing Pains & Perfect Strangers.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Would really prefer real dvds rather than these dvd-rs, and most classic stuff does deserve the real deal anyway, but if it's the only way to get rare and much sought after Warner shows like Harry O, The Yellow Rose and The FBI then so be it. They'll have to lower the prices though or buying a season will cost you a fortune, (un)fortunately the first two shows mentioned here had short runs.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The 6 disc WB Swing and Jazz shorts is going for $39.95, which would be the likely cost of a tv series season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks