A Few Words About

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 Who's On First?

Who's On First?

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 01:30 PM

I have been interested in checking out "Rome" since I read RAH's review, and now that will come to pass shortly thanks to an exceptional Best Buy sale... Currently, Best Buy has the individual Seasons 1 & 2 boxsets on sale for $24.99 each. Additionally, Best Buy is running their DVD trade-in program, where a customer is given a $5 coupon for each used DVD (up to 5 per visit) that is turned over to their Customer Service desk. The coupon can be used to purchase any Blu-ray priced $9.99 and above. That brings the cost of each season box to $24.99+tax minus $5 But wait, there's more! If you buy either Season 1 or Season 2 in-store (not online), you can purchase the "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray Disc for $0.01. I bought Rome Season 1 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray for appx. $21. Then I turned around and bought Rome Season 2 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray (second copy for a friend) for appx. $21. All 22 episodes of HBO's "Rome" on Blu-ray + "Game of Thrones" Sampler episode on Blu-ray (x2) for $42. I don't think the single-package Rome Complete Series boxset contains anything exclusive that is missing from the separate season boxsets, so this is a pretty sweet deal. Happy shopping, fellow HTF members :)

#22 of 24 benbess

benbess

Screenwriter

• 1,831 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 02:06 PM

I have been interested in checking out "Rome" since I read RAH's review, and now that will come to pass shortly thanks to an exceptional Best Buy sale... Currently, Best Buy has the individual Seasons 1 & 2 boxsets on sale for $24.99 each. Additionally, Best Buy is running their DVD trade-in program, where a customer is given a $5 coupon for each used DVD (up to 5 per visit) that is turned over to their Customer Service desk. The coupon can be used to purchase any Blu-ray priced $9.99 and above. That brings the cost of each season box to $24.99+tax minus $5 But wait, there's more! If you buy either Season 1 or Season 2 in-store (not online), you can purchase the "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray Disc for $0.01. I bought Rome Season 1 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray for appx. $21. Then I turned around and bought Rome Season 2 + "Game of Thrones" Sampler Blu-Ray (second copy for a friend) for appx. $21. All 22 episodes of HBO's "Rome" on Blu-ray + "Game of Thrones" Sampler episode on Blu-ray (x2) for $42. I don't think the single-package Rome Complete Series boxset contains anything exclusive that is missing from the separate season boxsets, so this is a pretty sweet deal. Happy shopping, fellow HTF members :)

Excellent deal! I paid c. $25 for each season from amzn, and I thought that was a good price. It's a quality show. Rather brutal in places...If you like shows about Roman history, this one covers the period before the classic BBC show I Claudius in the 70s

#23 of 24 Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:09 AM

The individual seasons are $16.99 right now at Amazon. Can anyone tell me what the packaging is on these?

#24 of 24 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,378 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted July 16 2014 - 08:28 AM

I finally ordered this today, I haven't bought any Blu-rays for a while & am having withdrawal symptoms. TCM started showing it again in the weekend, I got through half the first episode & 1/I remembered what a great series this was & 2/thought this deserves HD (I get a sort of sub SD picture watching TCM in England). £29 from Amazon, couldn't get it any cheaper, but that's a more than fair price.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users