Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek Blu-ray editions-Steelbook?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 404 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted November 17 2009 - 04:12 AM

Since it appears the Target Star Trek Blu-ray edition with the Enterprise replica does not come with a standard Blu-ray case, is it possible to buy a Steelbook on Blu-ray?  I believe FYE has a Steelbook on DVD, but was hoping maybe I missed something somewhere.  I'd really like a Steelbook case but didn't know if they were even available.  Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. 

#2 of 7 Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 974 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 08:18 AM

Yes, there's a blu-ray steelbook.  The catch is that -

* available in Canada from Future Shop.  They do not ship internationally.

* available in UK from Play.com.  They don't ship internationally either!

Cheers!

#3 of 7 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 404 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted November 17 2009 - 09:09 AM

Well that really is the pits. 

#4 of 7 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,557 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 11:57 AM

The cover on the Futureshop Steelbook edition looked like ass. It wouldn't be worth it even if they did ship internationally. It was supposed to be a reproduction of the poster art, but they did it in black and white and it just looks like a blurred mess. However, that didn't seem to affect sales. There was one copy left of the SB edition at the shop I was in. I was thinking about buying it, but I'm still undecided as to whether I really like the reboot. I decided to buy Fight Club instead. And did I mention the cover looked like ass?  

"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#5 of 7 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hmph....I thought the Futureshop steelbook looked damn fantastic myself.  Looks a hell of a lot like the original poster artwork to me.....and it looks nice and clean.  One of the nicer steelbooks I've come across.  Grabbed it as soon as I saw it.....won't be surprised if it sells out either. /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif">

....ass indeed....maybe your opinion, but certainly not mine. <br /></span>
<br />
<div class=Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin-S 

The cover on the Futureshop Steelbook edition looked like ass. It wouldn't be worth it even if they did ship internationally.

Recently watched- Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Beauty and The Beast: Season 3, Mad Max 2, Mad Max, Wonder Woman(1974), Batman: Year One

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3

"You are unwise to lower your defenses!"

#6 of 7 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,557 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D ">

Hmph....I thought the Futureshop steelbook looked damn fantastic myself.  Looks a hell of a lot like the original poster artwork to me.....and it looks nice and clean.  One of the nicer steelbooks I've come across.  Grabbed it as soon as I saw it.....won't be surprised if it sells out either. <br /></span>
<br />
<br />
....ass indeed....maybe your opinion, but certainly not mine. /img/vbsmilies/htf/tongue.gif

Well, I decided to hunt down the poster and look at it again. To my surprise, the cover of the Steelbook is the poster, except the title Star Trek has been moved to the top of the image.  I could have sworn the poster was in color, but it's black and white as well. Guess I have to eat crow. Here is an image of the Steelbook.

#7 of 7 PatW

PatW

Screenwriter

• 1,488 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 03:14 PM

I thought the steelbook looked great as well. Very clean and elegant. I can't wait to finally watch this. It was a blind buy for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users