Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

any new dlp sets in canada?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   smackjack22

smackjack22

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 16 2009 - 03:20 AM

Only place iv seen them that i would want is the 73 inch 73737 mitsubishi model at costco here but it is $2600.The 50 and 55 inch and even 60 inch lcd and plasma sets dont seem big enough and id much perfer the bigger picture.Problem is i see the same tv going for $1800 american online :(Sucks in canada for buying tv's i guess.Plus i have to factor in repalcing the bulb as well.Now i don't need this to turn into a dlp vs plasma vs lcd war cause they all have there disadvantages.Anywhere else to get dlp sets in canada besides costco?Looking to get this tv around $2000 cdn.I guess the only way is to get a us shipping address from a warehosue and than drive there to pick it up.If im forced to do that i think ill wait until next year when i get the 82 inch mitsubishi for cheaper but thats not what im looking to do if i can avoid it.Any help would be appreciated

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   smackjack22

smackjack22

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 06:15 AM

also what do you guys think are the chances of mitsubishi coming out with newer dlp sets in 2010 and have a model even bigger than 82 inches? Or is dlp gonna be dead after this year?Plus there eventually gonna be coming out with 100 inch+ sets in the future if they come out with UHD sets that are 2160 p and 4320 p so you can see a difference but i guess that could be another 5 years or so.It's always not a bad thing to play the waiting game but you only live once so how long do i wait:)

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   smackjack22

smackjack22

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 28 2009 - 07:47 AM

You guys are VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRry intrested in dlp sets i can tell

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted November 28 2009 - 08:58 AM

Have you considered the Display Devices area? I can move this thread there (from Hi Def Hardware).

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists