Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

XBOX 360 Limited Edition Modern Warfare

Xbox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   TimGRA

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 02:49 PM

I have a PS3 and love it.  I am finally setting up the dedicated theater room and I have some nice, very hi end, equipment that should do the gaming stations some justice. I don't have an XBOX yet and thought I should do it, so I have it all.  Does anyone know if the Limited Edition will have the newest chip set in it?  Do I wait for something newer?  I am more an audiophile guy and don't want to spend on the wrong unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TG

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,323 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 04:43 PM

Not sure if it has the better chipset in it, but it's still overpriced for what you get.  You're probably better off buying an Arcade (I believe they all have the newer chipset) and a 120 GB HDD separate.  Or just try to take care of your 360 (put it in a space with a lot of ventilation and generally not abuse it) and not worry much about which chipset it is.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 06:26 PM

Overpriced in what way?

For $100 more than the elite you get a copy of MW2 ($60) a 250gb HD (which MS doesn't even sell separately, when they do it will surly cost $100+) and a second controller ($50). I think it's a good deal, and yes it comes with the latest chipset.

If you go the arcade route and buy all that separately it will cost about the same, but with half the HD size. (this assuming you get a deal on the HD which retails for $150, which would obviously cost much more)

That's not to say that xbox hardware isn't just overpriced in gerneral, because it all is.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted November 16 2009 - 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Morgan Jolley 

Or just try to take care of your 360 (put it in a space with a lot of ventilation and generally not abuse it) and not worry much about which chipset it is.

I would try to find the new chipset if possible. I am on my forth 360 and I take care of all my equipment. I love the Xbox but it has it's problems.

The Legend is better than reality!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   TimGRA

TimGRA

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 08:59 AM

Zack, I totally agree with you.  I have no idea what you all mean by HD when it comes to this box.  I will get the limited addition for all the reasons you mentioned. Its all over priced, but that is the great thing about capitalism.  Its only worth what people (idiots like me) will pay for. Is it worth running HDMI?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,513 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted November 17 2009 - 10:04 AM

^^ HD = hard drive I bought this as I have the original launch xbox. It has the Jasper chip set and runs much quieter than the Falcon.  With a 250 HD, I can easily copy the games onto the hard drive eliminating the DVD spin noise which makes it really quiet. It is worth running HDMI for games that support 1080P, but I don't think there are that many games in native 1080P  Due to limited HDMI connections, I run component. I don't consider it too overpriced as components sold separately would be considerably more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users