Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Two different cases for SNOW WHITE Blu-ray...I bought the wrong one!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 3,968 posts

Posted November 13 2009 - 03:57 PM

I'm a little unclear about Disney's marketing strategy with this release. A Blu-ray-size case with two Blu-ray discs and a DVD; a standard DVD-size case with two Blu-ray discs and a standard DVD. An actual standard DVD will be released later. Will it, too, come in two sizes, just to confuse the hell out of everyone again? At Target, not knowing about this difference, I just saw a Blu-ray of SNOW WHITE and grabbed it from the shelf. I did not notice the size of the case until I stood it up alongside my other Blu-rays (I separate them). But I had already opened it, and was unable to return it for an exchange. Anyone else do this, or am I just lame? (wait...don' answer that...just let me know if you are aware of any online exchange programs).

#2 of 6 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,644 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 14 2009 - 01:42 AM

In my review thread for Snow White, there was some discussion about the different cases. Interestingly, Disney sent the DVD-sized case for my review copy (which I pictured at the top of the review), but other reviewers got the standard Blu-ray version release and for the sake of completeness, I ported over the image of the Blu-ray case in one of the follow-up responses.

#3 of 6 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted November 14 2009 - 10:34 PM

The Blu case has a pretty big blue border on top, so that should make it rather easy to see the difference. Then there's also the hight difference, but I can understand that the two different versions would make it confusing to some people (not me personally, but hey).

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#4 of 6 DonMac

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator

• 221 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 02:12 PM

The OP is not clear on which case is the "right one" - the Blu-ray standard-sized case or the DVD standard-sized case?

#5 of 6 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,862 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted November 15 2009 - 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick 

I just saw a Blu-ray of SNOW WHITE and grabbed it from the shelf. I did not notice the size of the case until I stood it up alongside my other Blu-rays (I separate them). But I had already opened it, and was unable to return it for an exchange. Anyone else do this, or am I just lame? (wait...don' answer that...just let me know if you are aware of any online exchange programs).
Seems pretty clear to me. He bought the standard DVD case instead of the slightly fatter BD case. Caveat emptor, my friend. ;)

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#6 of 6 ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMac View Post

The OP is not clear on which case is the "right one" - the Blu-ray standard-sized case or the DVD standard-sized case?

Given that he mentions noticing the difference when standing it up against his Blu-ray cases, I would say that the Blu-ray case is what he considers the right one. (For what it's worth, so do I.)
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users