What's new

Fleas and Frontline Plus for Cats...extraordinary. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
About 4 weeks ago I noticed that my kitty Tommy was acting...off. He was trotting everywhere he went and seemed agitated, then I started to notice the dreaded 'flea dirt', little dried drops of my lil friends blood that the fleas poop out, I also started seeing flea eggs.

Well, I tried a couple of things, I tried Hartz drops but it didn't work and I also used a flea collar and still no relief. Today, however, I bit the bullet and bought some Frontline Plus and applied it to him this afternoon, it was expensive but I knew that this stuff was the best so I knew it would work.

So all night I've been keeping an eye on him and watching for dead fleas, nothing was to be seen until about an hour and half ago when flea after flea began dropping off him until there were dozens of dead fleas laying on the kitchen floor. It's actually fascinating to watch, he would expel them from his coat and I would sweep up the bodies lol.

Tomorrow I attack the house, sweep, spray and vaccum everything as well as wash anything he's layed down on.

This stuff is amazing!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I had a good experience with Advantage and also daily doses of the flea comb, daily vacuuming of the carpetted areas and some borax (not the boric acid though) on the carpet.. Took a short bit but they all survived and now are flea free.. I've heard good stuff about Frontline too, but I think Advantage was a little cheaper and I didn't think I needed Tick protection since my guys are indoor cats (but were once outdoor strays which I presume is where they got their fleas from).

Jay

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm amazed at the effectiveness of Frontline, not only is every flea on him dead and gone he's all clean now, no more flea dirt and eggs when he gets up from where he was laying.

The other day I attacked the apartment and cleaned like a mad man, I think I took care of the problem, haven't seen a single flea since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks