What's new

Panasonic the best out?? (1 Viewer)

cadmanmeg

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
The BD-60 at about $140. From what I heard and read, it is said to be a big contender. The BD-60 has tons of stuff and from what I was told, it's playback is some of the best in the industry. So I am curious on the input from this crowd? What do you think of this one? Anything as good or better in the same price?

Thanks much for your input!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I have a BD-55 (the previous generation, with analog outputs) and I love it. I haven't had a single problem with any discs, and lengthy load times (which I had feared since the dawn of Blu-Ray) have not been an issue at all. I would assume that the same would be true with the newer versions as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Panny player to anyone.

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
The Panasonic BD60 is an excellent player, and Panasonic's title compatibility is second to none. If Netflix streaming appeals to you I would recommend one of LG or Sony's newest players, which are also fantastic, but I don't think anyone would regret the recent Panasonic models.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I love my BD60, and bought it because of all the excellent reviews. GREAT upconversion also. But there is a random pause problem with some players. It's only happened to me once in 2 months. When it happens, the image will freeze for a few seconds, then start again on it's own. Panasonic knows about the problem, but is either unable to fix it, or won't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks