-

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic the best out??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   cadmanmeg

cadmanmeg

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 12:13 AM

The BD-60 at about $140. From what I heard and read, it is said to be a big contender. The BD-60 has tons of stuff and from what I was told, it's playback is some of the best in the industry. So I am curious on the input from this crowd? What do you think of this one? Anything as good or better in the same price?

Thanks much for your input!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,923 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted November 12 2009 - 02:34 AM

I have a BD-55 (the previous generation, with analog outputs) and I love it.  I haven't had a single problem with any discs, and lengthy load times (which I had feared since the dawn of Blu-Ray) have not been an issue at all.  I would assume that the same would be true with the newer versions as well.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Panny player to anyone.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Patrick Mason

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 12 2009 - 02:45 AM

The Panasonic BD60 is an excellent player, and Panasonic's title compatibility is second to none.  If Netflix streaming appeals to you I would recommend one of LG or Sony's newest players, which are also fantastic, but I don't think anyone would regret the recent Panasonic models.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 12 2009 - 09:16 AM

I love my BD60, and bought it because of all the excellent reviews. GREAT upconversion also. But there is a random pause problem with some players. It's only happened to me once in 2 months. When it happens, the image will freeze for a few seconds, then start again on it's own. Panasonic knows about the problem, but is either unable to fix it, or won't fix it.