Photo
- - - - -

What ever happened to Picket Fences S2+?!?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 yigohgoh

yigohgoh

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 07:50 AM

Back in 2007 when it came out, I picked up Picket Fences S1 DVD set because I recalled how much I had enjoyed it during its run in the early 90s.  Having read a lot of news that David E. Kelley's shows were unlikely to be released on DVD at the time, having this become available was amazing.

And now, 2 years later, and no other releases.  If I recall correctly, it only lasted 4 seasons...what's the hold up?

Perhaps it wasn't as big of a seller as the studio had hoped, but by initiating a release of the series by making S1 available, I would hope that they would at least release the rest of the series.  I don't want to get stuck with just S1 and not be able to complete the set...especially since this was a great show and I would like to see the rest of the episodes again.

Anyone else wondering why only S1 is sitting on their shelves by itself without any following seasons?

#2 of 7 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 08:35 AM

If you remeber it took several years before season 2 of Everwood was finally put out.  Perhaps it will take a few years for season 2 of this show to show up.  I too would love to complete the series.  And yes it was only 4 seasons.

#3 of 7 yigohgoh

yigohgoh

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 01:40 PM

I didn't watch Everwood, but several YEARS?!?  Oh boy... I guess we're in for a waiting game...and that's only if they remember that there are still 3 more seasons to put out.

#4 of 7 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 12:57 AM

I would love to see more of Picket Fences on DVD too

#5 of 7 whisperintherain

whisperintherain

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted November 12 2009 - 05:54 AM

PICKET FENCES and EVERWOOD are two of my favorite shows ever. Unfortunately for me, my tastes don't seem to reflect those of the casual DVD buyer. But just as I waited 5 years for the second season of EVERWOOD, I'm willing to wait for PICKET FENCES. I was disappointed when both this show and the equally great THE PRACTICE were seemingly dropped and would buy subsequent releases in a heartbeat if they were to ever see the light of day. Here's to the belief that good things come to those who wait and hoping FOX reconsiders these titles in the future.

Bring these sets on!

Knots Landing: Seasons 3-14 - The Nanny: Seasons 4-6 - Peyton Place : Episodes 65-514 - Picket Fences : Seasons 2-4

#6 of 7 Daesun

Daesun

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 05:27 PM

Check out this spoof of the show made with original cast members! (Viewable in HD if you go to YouTube)

#7 of 7 yigohgoh

yigohgoh

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 23 2009 - 08:27 AM

lol!  Loved the references to other actors' recent projects, particularly "Kim became a witch and hooked up with 2 other hot witches" since I was a fan of 'Charmed' as well.  I liked the fact that Kathy Baker made an appearance as well.

Makes me want to watch the whole series from the beginning again...oh wait, I can't...only Season 1 is on DVD.../img/vbsmilies/htf/rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users