What's new

Activating Netflix Streaming to LG BD Player? (1 Viewer)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I am able to connect my LG BD 370 to the internet through a Motorola Surfboard cable modem with a CAT 6 cable with no trouble. However, to activate the Netflix streaming option for the player, both the player and my computer need to be connected to the internet at the same time. The modem only has a slot for one ethernet cable, and I have to reboot the modem to switch the internet connection between the computer and BD player.

Is there a way to connect both devices simultaneously with my current equipment that I am overlooking? If I need an additional piece of hardware like a router or USB dongle, what is the cheapest option available to me?

I assume that once the initial activation is done, I only need to have the player connected to the modem to access the streaming movies. Is that accurate, or will I need both the computer and player connected whenever I want to watch the movies this way?

Thanks for your patience with these newbie questions. Hardware and network connection issues make my head spin.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Here's an option for a cheap router: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124309

Having a router is a best-practice anyway since it provides additional protection to your computer by using a firewall. I have not streamed Netflix, but I have streamed Amazon On-demand. For that service you are not required to have both computer and player plugged into the network for streaming and I would not think that would be required for Netflix either.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Thank you for the router recommendation, Seth.

Like Doc Brown, I had a brilliant idea in the bathroom today. I can call a relative and walk them through the activation process on the Netflix website, and I can operate the Blu-ray player to get the activation code. Nothing says I have to activate my account on my own computer, so I will use someone else's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks