Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF DVD REVIEW: Food, Inc

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted November 04 2009 - 12:48 PM

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,815 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted November 04 2009 - 01:38 PM

Great review! I have yet to see it, but have read Omnivore's Dilemma (as you know).

As with anything that challenges a lifestyle or habit, it's easy to feel overwhelmed with where to start if a change is what one decides is needed. Personally, I was most affected by information about egg farms, so I no longer buy eggs from the supermarket, instead getting them when available from a friend who has hens or buying them from true organic farms.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,470 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 04 2009 - 02:05 PM

That's an excellent review Neil and I needed to read a good review on this movie to comprehend what I saw myself.
Unfortunately I get overwhelmed with these movies due to the animal cruelty scenes so I tend to miss the more important aspects, which you detailed very well.

I hope to be able to watch it again so I can look past the things that distracted me and understand the movie better.

facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted November 05 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks Tony, Cameron - I have been talking about this film with friends at work, not trying to convince them to change their food habits, but just watch the film and get exposed to the info. I figure if everyone reacts the way I did, the whole country will have seen it by Spring! :)
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted November 20 2009 - 06:23 AM

Food, Inc is on the short list for consideration of Best Documentary for next year's Academy Award....and rightly so...
My DVD Collection

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVD Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users