What's new

WHV Announcement: Chuck: The Complete Second Season (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I may not have Blu-Ray in January, but I'll probably snag one of the limiteds so I'll have a copy with the 3D episode. Truth be told, it didn't work that well in 3D, but I'd rather have the option.

Pretty cool how they casually mention Chuck being moved up from March to January. I just hope the Olympics don't kill its momentum like events conspired to kill the momentum during season 2.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not Shaken. Just Nerd. Chuck: The Complete Second Season For a Limited Time, Six-Disc Set Features a 3-D Episode and Two Pairs of 3-D Glasses The Mission Continues on DVD and Blu-ray January 5th, 2010 ______________________________________________ BURBANK, CA (October 28, 2009) – The government’s most vital secret agent is back, and this time he’s got a pocket protector full of new tricks when Warner Home Video releases Chuck: The Complete Second Season on DVD and Blu-ray on January 5, 2010. Executive producers Josh Schwartz (The O.C., Gossip Girl), McG (Supernatural, Charlie’s Angels), Chris Fedak and Scott Rosenbaum (The Shield) bring you more action and espionage than ever before. This six-disc set contains all 22 episodes including the never-to-be aired again 3-D episode and hours of amazing extras, with brand-new featurettes, a gag reel, and[COLOR= black] “declassified” scenes.[/COLOR] Nominated for a 2008 People’s Choice Award, the series stars Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect), Yvonne Strahovski (The Plex), Joshua Gomez (Without A Trace), Ryan McPartlin (Living with Fran), Mark Christopher Lawrence (The Pursuit of Happyness), Vik Sahay (This Is Wonderland), Scott Krinsky (The O.C.) with Sarah Lancaster (Everwood) and Adam Baldwin (Serenity, Firefly), and is produced by College Hill Pictures, Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television. The series was created by Schwartz and Fedak. Priced to own on DVD at $59.98 SRP and on Blu-ray for $69.97 SRP, both versions have an order due date of December 1, 2009. This season, Chuck is in luck: The government’s new Intersect II is ready for espionage service. And that means the old Intersect (Chuck) can go back to his old life. But if Chuck goes, he’s gone: Casey has orders to off him. In this series, named one of Time’s 10 Best of 2008, Chuck survives to battle perilous plots, enemy agents and Buy More’s obnoxious new assistant manager, Emmett Milbarge (recurring guest star Tony Hale, Arrested Development), in the comedy- and action-packed Season Two. Here’s some of what’s up: Sarah’s past is revealed, Morgan almost becomes mature, and Captain Awesome and Ellie plan the Big Day. Plus our unlikely hero rockets into more nonstop butt-kicking, techno-gadgeting, Chuck-dangling-several-stories-above-the-pavement action…as long as no one needs help setting up e-mail! DVD SPECIAL FEATURES · Truth, Spies and Regular Guys: Exploring the Mythology of Chuck · Dude in Distress: Explore Some of This Season’s Best Action Sequences · Chuck Versus the Webisodes: Web-Originated Minifeaturettes · Chuck: A Real-Life Captain Awesome’s Tips for Being Awesome · John Casey Presents: So You Want to Be a Deadly Spy? · Declassified Scenes · Gag Reel For a limited time, the DVD and Blu-ray releases of Chuck: The Complete Second Season will also include the never-to-be-aired-again 3-D version of the episode “Chuck Versus the Third Dimension,” plus two pairs of 3-D glasses. EPISODES FEATURED 1. Chuck Versus the First Date 2. Chuck Versus the Seduction 3. Chuck Versus the Break-Up 4. Chuck Versus the Cougars 5. Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer 6. Chuck Versus the Ex 7. Chuck Versus the Fat Lady 8. Chuck Versus the Gravitron 9. Chuck Versus the Sensei 10. Chuck Versus the DeLorean 11. Chuck Versus Santa Claus 12. Chuck Versus the Third Dimension 13. Chuck Versus the Suburbs (I have Best Friend coming before Suburbs, just FYI -- not sure it matters) 14. Chuck Versus the Best Friend 15. Chuck Versus the Beefcake 16. Chuck Versus the Lethal Weapon 17. Chuck Versus the Predator 18. Chuck Versus the Broken Heart 19. Chuck Versus the Dream Job 20. Chuck Versus the First Kill 21. Chuck Versus the Colonel 22. Chuck Versus the Ring BASICS Street Date: January 5, 2010 Total Running Time: Approx 986 minutes, EC runtime approx 122 min DVD Price: $59.98 SRP Language: English, Portuguese Subtitles: ESDH, Complex Chinese, Thai, Spanish, French, Portuguese Catalog #1000089874 Blu-ray Price: $69.97 SRP Language: English, Spanish Subtitles: ESDH, Dutch, Spanish, French Catalog #1000099896

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One major retailer jumped the gun on this. I saw it on the shelves today. I didn't have the $50 to spare. I was looking for the first season, but their prices were about $12 more than what I've seen other places.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
To anyone who has this in hand:

Is there an option to watch Chuck Versus the Third Dimension without the 3D? It doesn't bother me but when my wife and I watched it onTV in 3D it gave her a headache.

CP

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't have it in my hands--the retailer I thought was breaking street date made a mistake in putting it on the shelves and wouldn't (or couldn't) sell it to me--but I think I read earlier that both versions would be included. Not sure the source for that. I could probably tell you next Tuesday for sure, but you'll always have the option of waiting until the limited editions run out. The first pressings are the only ones to include the 3D version.

I'm hoping it has both. I would like to own the 3D episode, but it also caused me discomfort. I'd regularly watch it in 2D.

Edit: check it out. Cameron reviewed it for this site. I skimmed and I don't think he explicitly says both versions are included, but he does say the 3D version is included in the "video extras" section of the last disc in the set. Maybe he'll pop in here and answer it for sure, but it looks like you're safe:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/296353/htf-blu-ray-review-chuck-the-complete-second-season

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
I even read that review and it didn't sink in.

thanks for the heads up. I plan on getting "Chucked" next week on Geek Day and cannot wait for season three to start.

cp

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Both the 2d and 3d versions are included in the release. The 2d is part of the standard sequence of episodes and the 3d is on the fourth disc with the other extras.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, Cameron! I'll be glad to have both. I would wonder why it wasn't just standard, but I guess WB wants to light a fire under potential buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks