Martin Scorsese’s All-Time Classic of Life Inside the Mob…
Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Blu-ray Book Version
Includes Feature-Length Documentary
Just in time for Academy Award® Season
From WarnerHome Video February 16
Burbank, Calif., October 26, 2009 – On February 16, Warner Home Video (WHV) will celebrate the 20th anniversary of director Martin Scorsese’s gripping film GoodFellas, which film critic Roger Ebert called “the best mob movie ever,” with a new and enhanced Blu-ray book version. Featuring exclusive 34-page Blu-ray book packaging filled with fascinating photos, film facts and insider information, this 20th Anniversary Edition will also include two commentaries, three featurettes plus a feature-length documentary entitled, Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film, whichexplores the invention and development of the crime genre. GoodFellas 20th Anniversary release will also coincide with Martin Scorsese’s upcoming crime thriller ShutterIslandstarring Leonardo DiCaprio.
GoodFellas will be available for $34.99 SRP. Order due date is January 12, 2010.
GoodFellas explores the criminal life like no other movie. Following the rise and fall of a trio of gangsters over 30 years, it’s an electrifying, fact-inspired tale of living – and dying. Based on the true-life best seller “Wiseguy” by Nicholas Pileggi, the film earned six Academy Award® nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director and was named 1990’s ‘Best Film’ by the New York, Los Angeles and National Society of Film Critics. In 2000, GoodFellas was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the US Library of Congress.
Scorsese was awarded the Silver Lion Award in Venice. Robert De Niro received wide recognition for his performance as veteran criminal Jimmy “The Gent” Conway, and Joe Pesci, as the volatile Tommy DeVito, walked off with the Best Supporting Actor Oscar®. Academy Award® nominees Lorraine Bracco, Ray Liotta and Paul Sorvino also turned in electrifying performances.
Extra features include:
- 16x9 Digital Transfer in Dolby 5.1
- Commentary with Martin Scorsese plus select cast and crew including Ray Liotta and Lorraine Bracco
- Bonus commentary with ex-gangster Henry Hill and Ex-FBI agent Edward McDonald
- Three cast/crew documentaries:
- Getting Made: A penetrating look at the making of this modern classic
- Made Men: The GoodFellas Legacy: Filmmakers Jon Favreau (Iron Man), Joe Carnahan (Narc), Antoine Fuqua (Training Day), Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption), and others discuss the influence of GoodFellas on their work
- The Workaday Gangster: Writer Nick Pileggi, actors Frank Vincent, Paul Sorvino and others tell stories of growing up in a world where smalltime hoods were as common as the local butcher or mailman
· Paper is Cheaper than Film: A glimpse into Martin Scorsese’s creative process including rarely seen sketches and more.
Bonus Disc 2 contains feature-length documentary:
Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film
· Four Mob-themed WB Cartoons: (I Like Mountain Music, She Was an Acrobat’s Daughter, Racketeer Rabbit and Bugs and Thugs)
Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film explores the invention and development of the crime genre; the rise of Warner stars like Cagney, Bogart and Robinson; as well as directors like Walsh, Wellman and Curtiz. It covers the films themselves, the influence they had on filmmakers all over the world; and the artistic merit that these defining classic films still warrant. Finally, the documentary celebrates the impact that Warner Bros. Studios had in establishing the iconic Hollywood Gangster, often imitated but never equaled.
GoodFellas: 20th Anniversary Blu-ray Book
Street Date: February 16, 2010
Feature Running Time: 146 Minutes; Rated: R
Order Due Date: January 12, 2010
Catalog #: 1000114895
Pricing: $34.99 SRP