Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

High Def SAT Question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Marv

Marv

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 04:26 AM

I have coaxial cable run throughout my house. I currently use an antenna to get HD(digital) signal through the coax in my house to my tv. Do any of the Dish Or Directv receivers have the capablity to output a HD digital signal through the coax outputs on the back of the receiver? I want to use the existing coax in my house to get a digital signal from the sat box to a tv in another room. Or is there a converter box that could take a HDMI input signal and convert it to a Digital RF output signal on say channel 69 so the tuner in my HDTV could then decode it like it does now with my antenna setup? Running a long HDMI cable from the sat box to the remote tv is not an option. Thanks, Marv

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,867 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 24 2009 - 04:54 PM

Dish network receivers cannot output HD via a coax output. I don't know about DTV but I assume they are the same. As far as I know, there are no HDMI to coax converters.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Marv

Marv

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. I found this:

http://www.zeevee.co...box150#features

It will not take HDMI input but it will take component video and TOS or Coax digital audio and send it over a single coax on whatever
channel you set and at 720P. But at $1K forget it.

I was hoping for something like this:

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2103095

But for digital RF. HDTV must be to new yet.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   dfeller

dfeller

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted October 28 2009 - 04:35 PM

There are very few things that modulate HD onto Coax at this point - the ZeeVee device is the cheapest currently available. We (disclaimer as I'm mentioning the company I work for) Bocs, will be releasing a much cheaper version next year. Currently most people use clearQAM which may or may not be on all your TVs. Next generation is in-home ATSC.
If you can live with DVD quality, you can, in fact use an NTSC modulator although I'd strongly recommend staying away from the $30 Radio shack kinds of things.
There are plenty of good quality modulators out there (like Channel Plus) on the web. Ours (bocsco.com/virtualbocs.php) is a good choice if you also need wireless remote control bundled.
If you really need full HD, then a component video matrix like from avatrix is the normal way to go.

David Feller

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   dfeller

dfeller

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 01 2009 - 05:12 AM

By the way, I've tried the ZeeVee product and it is very good...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users