Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

display issue with TV connected to HTPC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Matt26

Matt26

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 07:06 AM

i have an older Celeron D 2.53 GHz PC that i'm using as a HTPC connected to an old 27" Citizen CRT TV via an S-video cable (using an ATI Radeon 9000 series video card).

the S-video connection to the TV works, but both the left and right sides of the picture are slightly curved inwards, so they are not straight.

i'm wondering if this is an issue with the TV, or possibly the video card i'm using... i'm thinking it's the TV but i'm not sure.

the other issue i'm having is that i can't change the resolution of the picture to anything comfortably readable... it's set to 800x600 (lowest setting) on the PC right now, which makes the desktop barely readable.

is there any other way i might be able to change the resolution of the picture so that it is clearer on-screen?  im guessing this is also a limitation partly of the TV, but also of the video card.

thanks for any help on this.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Matt26

Matt26

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 27 2009 - 04:33 AM

anyone?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Matt26

Matt26

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 06:43 AM

one other thing i noticed recently with this issue- the picture on the TV is fine while the PC is booting up- straight edges on all sides of the picture.. as soon as the desktop appears after the OS splash screen (i'm using windows xp) the left and right sides of the picture on the TV are curved inwards.

so how is it that the picture on the TV is fine right up until the desktop appears?