Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Monty Python Almost the Truth on IFC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 04:42 AM

I meant to make a post about this earlier in the week, seeing as it's 5/6 of the way over, but has anyone else been watching this?

I'm a pretty big Python fan, though not obsessive over them like some, and this has been really interesting to me, and pretty funny at times as well.  A lot of things I knew in generalities (Graham Chapman being an alcoholic, John Cleese quitting on season 4, etc.)  and there was a lot more information on it, and interviews with the 5 remaining members, plus clips of old interviews Graham has done.  Just really well done in general.

If you missed it and you're a fan, the DVD and Blu-ray are being released next week I believe.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 06:34 AM

I've been DVRing it. Been too busy of a week to watch much TV. I suspect that it may sit on the DVR for a while before I get a chance to watch it - but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

-greg

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,637 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 06:49 AM

I don't even have the space to DVR it.  I'll probably buy the DVDs when they come out (or request as a gift).  I think they will be coming out next week?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 09:00 PM

Watched the first ep, have been DVRing the rest. I'll probably start watching it over the weekend.  Most of my tv shows I can't really watch when the little ones are around so shows like this I save for the weekend.