-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

No HDMI hookup on cox cable box motorola DCT2000

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 NavyMA

NavyMA

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 22 2009 - 02:18 PM

I got myself a new Bravia LCD tv and wanted to improve the picture from my cable. There is no HDMI hookup in the rear though. No DVI either. The box is a Motorola DCT2000. All of the inputs/outputs can be seen here. http://coxhelpdesk.tripod.com/id9.html

I want to try and get as close to HDMI quality as I can. Can anyone help?

#2 of 4 Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted October 22 2009 - 02:44 PM

That's not a Hi Def box so you will not get any HD from it.  Even if it will tune HD channels it will only output them at 480i.  Best pq from that box would be from the composite video out (RCA pin jack color coded yellow).  PQ will be medocre at best and nowhere near what would appear using an HD box with HDMI or Component video outs.

Your best option would be to contact your cable company and upgrade to an HD box.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

#3 of 4 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,385 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 22 2009 - 11:39 PM

The DCT6200 and DCT6400 models in that link are HD boxes. The DCT2000 is not.

#4 of 4 dfeller

dfeller

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 01 2009 - 05:14 AM

Depending on your cable company and the local plans you already subscribe to, an HD box could even be free. You should call them and inquire. It makes a huge difference and it definitely worth it.