Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice on rear speakers and placement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   jetmech727

jetmech727

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 21 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hi there,

This is my first post.  I've been cruising the forum for a while and decided to join.  Anyway heres my dilema.  I have a 6.1 Yamaha system with Paradigm speakers.  I've since relocated it to a room 23 feet by 13 feet.   The system is set up on the 13 foot side.  By that I mean the side walls are 23 feet apart.  I can't use them for speaker mounting do to the fact theres windows and a fireplace in the way.  My sofa is against the rear wall.  I have 3 rear speakers to deal with.  I was thinking of putting 3 Dipole speakers 3 feet above to sofa right on the back wall all in a row.  Would this setup work?

Thanks 

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   AudioENG

AudioENG

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hello, I also have a Yamaha and Paradigm setup, they are some amazing speakers.  I have a similar situation where I am not able to mount my rear speakers.  I bought stands for the ADP surrounds from a paradigm dealer.  They are the perfect height for seated listening.  The rear center channel would be perfect directly behind you but if you have the room I would put the left and right surrounds on either side of you on stands, this would allow the speaker to disperse the sound how they are designed to.  Works perfect for my room even though I can't mount them.