What's new

Polaroid is doing instant film again. (1 Viewer)

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Anyone else excite about the rebirth of Polaroid as an instant film distributor? I sure am, I'm on my last 3 packs of 600 integral film. My Fujifilm supply is enough for my instant packfilm needs. So I have not given up on instant photography completely. I'd probably be buying directly from Impossible Project for the 600 integral films even if Summit Global Group didn't license the Polaroid brand, and decided to release cameras again. But hopefully with the new involvement it will reduce the price and if not make the film more easily available. There is still some time before the new formula film will be released in 2010, so in that time, I'll be shooting Fuji Instax instant cameras as well as Fuji FP-100 packfilm on an old 1960's Polaroid Land camera.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I have not tried in a while Sam, but has Apple improved printing direct on the iPhone? Last time I tried it require too many workarounds.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I use Best Camera and post it to Flickr, can then right click and pull to any machine you want and print from there.

On a monthly basis I fire up iPhoto, have it slurp all my full size images from the roll and then reset the count to zero. That way there is no corruption from Flickr's algorithms etc. You can use iPhoto to make books from those pictures if you want. I'll use a few of them in my yearly Blurb Book.

If you just want to take pictures on the iPhone and then hook that to a printer and print images you are pretty much hosed tho... Maybe someone will make a wifi link between the two some day.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Sam Posten
If you just want to take pictures on the iPhone and then hook that to a printer and print images you are pretty much hosed tho... Maybe someone will make a wifi link between the two some day.
Yep, that the main problem. The only reason I use instant is to get prints fast, on site, on location, to pass around to share or give away. Most of the time the prints are given to people I only meet that one time, and never again. It's a lot clunkier to have to ask them for their email address, phone number to send them the image, or to go to a specific website (that the images are not uploaded to yet) to view the images. With the instant Fujifilm FP100c peel apart film, I can give away the print, modify then scan the large negative into the computer if I still wanted the image later on. It supplements my digital and film cameras very nicely.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
They are just regular consumer level plastic cameras, just old. Stuff you will find in boots and thrift shoppes for 3$. But some of them do have glass lenses and tripod sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks