-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Image shifting/reducing question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Brett Hellard

Brett Hellard

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 20 2009 - 07:43 AM

I've been out of the projection industry for a few years so excuse me if this is a simplistic question.

I am creating a rear projection video conferencing system where I am blowing the sides of a 16:9 image off screen. No problem there, but I want to be able to use the system for watching a dvd on a separate projector input but having the image shrunk down to fit the screen (creating letterbox on top and bottom).

The NEC projectors I used to use had the cornerstone function, but I'm not using an NEC projector and the one I'm using doesn't have this feature.

Is there a product that goes between the dvd player and the projector where I can scale the image down to fit my screen? Projector will be in a fixed location with a short throw lens and not adjustable.

Thanks for anyone who understands what I'm talking about and can help!

#2 of 2 Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted October 22 2009 - 12:57 PM

your least-expensive route might be to use a PC as a playback device.  External scalers to do that would probably be a couple thousand bucks..

Leo