-

Photo
- - - - -

USHE Press Release: Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,933 posts

Posted October 20 2009 - 07:43 AM

Posted Image

U
NIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES

THE SENSATIONALLY-ENTERTAINING, WILDLY-ACCLAIMED

ACTION EVENT OF THE YEAR!

FROM WRITER/DIRECTOR QUENTIN TARANTINO

STARRING BRAD PITT

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS

“The Most Entertaining Movie Of The Ye ar.”– Larry King

Two-Disc Blu-rayHi-Def and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD

Available for a Limited Time Only With Digital Copy

Just in Time for the Holidays on December 15, 2009

Universal City, California, October 20, 2009 – Cinematic icon and filmmaker Quentin Tarantino (Kill

Bill Vols. 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction) helms one of the most audaciously inventive, eagerly-anticipated films of

the year, Inglourious Basterds, coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and DVD on December 15, 2009 from

Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Starring Academy Award® nominee Brad Pitt (The Curious Case

of Benjamin Button, Burn After Reading) in an audacious, adrenaline-packed, high-octane World War II

revenge fantasy, Inglourious Basterds has been hailed as one of Tarantino’s most stylish and

entertaining films to date. From its deceptively bucolic opening scenes to its incendiary final moments,

Inglourious Basterds delivers a heady combination of fact and fantasy that never fails to surprise.

Written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds is available on

Two-Disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def, Two-Disc DVD Special Edition, Single-Disc DVD and download to

own. Both the Blu-ray™ and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD come with a Digital Copy of the film

for a limited time only just in time for the holiday season and over 90 minutes of startling and

engrossing behind-the-scenes bonus features.

Brad Pitt shines as the bodacious American commander of a lethal team of Jewish-American soldiers

known as “The Basterds” - whose exploits in occupied France strike terror in the hearts of the German

rank and file and enrage the German High Command. The acclaimed cast also includes Christoph

Waltz, who was named Best Actor at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival for his unforgettable performance

as a charming but cunning Nazi officer, B.J. Novak (“The Office”), Diane Kruger (National Treasure),

Eli Roth (director of Hostel), Mélanie Laurent (Paris), and Michael Fassbender (The Bourne Ultimatum).

In addition, notable veteran guest stars including Mike Myers (Austin Powers), Rod Taylor (The Birds),

Julie Dreyfus, (Kill Bill Vol. 1) and others contribute to this larger-than-life story that mixes pulp and

propaganda in Tarantino’s inimitable way.

Inglourious Basterds is priced at $39.98 SRP for Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray™, $34.98 SRP for

Two-Disc Special Edition DVD and $29.98 SRP for Single Disc DVD. Preorder close is November 3,

BONUS FEATURES

All three editions of Inglourious Basterds include:

Extended & Alternate Scenes

Nation’s Pride The film within the film Inglourious Basterds can be seen it its entirety

Domestic and International Trailers

Both the Two-Disc Special Edition and Blu-ray™ also come with:

Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and film historian/critic

Elvis Mitchell

The Making of Nation’s Pride

The Original Inglorious Bastards - a salute to the original 1978 film

A Conversation with veteran actor Rod Taylor

Rod Taylor on Victoria Bitters, the Australian beer

Quentin Tarantino’s Camera Angel

Hi Sallys – Gag Reel

Film Poster Gallery Tour with Elvis Mitchell

Inglourious Basterds Poster Gallery

Digital Copy of Inglourious Basterds

In addition to the above features, the Inglourious Basterds Blu-ray™ Hi-Def release includes:

BD-Live— Access the BD-Live™ Center with your Internet-connected player to download

the latest trailers, host a chat with your buddies, upload your own webcam commentary, and

more!

SYNOPSIS

In the first year of the German occupation of France, Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent) witnesses

the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz). Shosanna

narrowly escapes and flees to Paris where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a

cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish American soldiers

to perform swift, shocking acts of retribution. Later known to their enemy as “the Basterds,” Raine's

squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget von Hammersmark (Diane Kruger) on a

mission to take down the leaders of the Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquis,

where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own....

Employing pulp and propaganda in equal measure, Quentin Tarantino's INGLOURIOUS

BASTERDS weaves together the infamous, oppressed, real and larger-than-life stories of WWII.

www.inglouriousbasters-movie.com

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios

(www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading

media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment,

news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and

Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and

entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production

operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is

80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.

CAST AND FILMMAKERS

Directed By: Quentin Tarantino

Screenplay By: Quentin Tarantino

Produced By: Lawrence Bender

Director of Photography: Robert Richardson

Editor: Sally Menke

Production Designer: David Wasco

Costumes By: Anna B. Sheppard

Cast: Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Eli Roth, Mélanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Michael Fassbender, Mike

Meyers, Daniel Bruhl, Til Schweiger, Gideon Burkhard, Jacky Ido, B.J. Novak, Omar Doom, August

Diehl, Rod Taylor

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Two-Disc Blu-rayTM Hi-Def Special Edition

Street Date: December 15, 2009

Copyright: 2010 Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Selection Number: 61108483

Running Time: 2 hours, 33 minutes

Layers: BD-50

Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1

Rating: R for strong graphic violence, language and brief sexuality

Technical Info: English HD Master Audio 5.1, Spanish and French DTS Surround 5.1, English SDH,

French and Spanish Subtitles

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Two-Disc DVD Special Edition

Selection Number: 6110154

Layers: DVD-9

Technical Info: English DTS Dolby Digital 5.1, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0, English SDH,

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Single-Disc DVD

Selection Number: 61108380

Layers: DVD-9

Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0, English SDH,

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,933 posts

Posted October 20 2009 - 07:49 AM

My favorite film of the year!

Can't wait for this.  We will have a preorder link
up as soon as Amazon posts it. 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,999 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 20 2009 - 08:20 AM

The press release saying "Just in Time for the Holidays" is probably the funniest thing I've read all day. That being said, I can't wait to pick this up.

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor

• 823 posts

Posted October 21 2009 - 06:49 AM

A must-buy for me.

I hope that "round table discussion" isn't a recycled Charlie Rose appearance.

--Jefferson Morris

"If fakes, they were masterpieces."

--The New York Times commenting on Willis O'Brien's dinosaurs in The Lost World (1925).

"From the two trailers I've seen, the movie looks like AIDS."--Recent thread post on AICN

#5 of 14 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted December 15 2009 - 09:12 AM

I just got my Inglourious Basterds BD copy in the mail at work today, excited to listen to it while I worked for the rest of the day, only to find my Digital Copy redemption code not working.  Has anyone encountered this error before, and if so, how do I rectify the situation?

Otherwise, I am really excited to put this in tonight and watch all of the special features.  I got to see it twice in the theater, but I think I am going to hold off a bit for viewing three.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts

Posted December 15 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi Jeff, It isn't - it's actually a conversation with film critic Elvis Mitchell. Here's what I wrote about this extra in my DVD review of this film:

Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and film historian/critic Elvis Mitchell (30:44): Elvis Mitchell, host of KCRW’s “The Treatment” interviews Tarantino and Pitt, and the filmmaker and actor divulge experiences from the set, the approach to accomplishing this bold film, and Tarantino, achieving more brevity than normal, expresses his philosophy from making Basterds, and letting actors own the characters he creates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Morris 

A must-buy for me.

I hope that "round table discussion" isn't a recycled Charlie Rose appearance.

--Jefferson Morris

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted December 15 2009 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
only to find my Digital Copy redemption code not working.  Has anyone encountered this error before, and if so, how do I rectify the situation?

Welcome to HTF Eric.  I wonder if there is some firewall or other network filtering at your office that isn't allowing the activation code to go through?  Try it at home tonight and see if it works.  If it doesn't let me know and we can come up with a solution.

#8 of 14 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted December 15 2009 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the welcome and suggestion.  I ended up restarting my computer and re-inserting my disc, don't know which one exactly worked.  I am going to be checking this title's special features tonight.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted January 30 2010 - 11:36 AM

I paused this blu-ray for a few minutes, and after a couple of minutes some idiotic Universal logo was playing!!  What the hell?!?!!??!  I tried pressing play, and nothing.  I tried pressing pause again...nothing.  I tried to press stop, then play and my place in the movie was lost!!!

I was able to press pause and play earlier in the movie with no problem...it just wasn't paused for as long.

Thanks Universal for broadcasting your logo to tell me what crappy authoring you do!!

/img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif   /img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif 

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,999 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 30 2010 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeM View Post

I paused this blu-ray for a few minutes, and after a couple of minutes some idiotic Universal logo was playing!!  What the hell?!?!!??!  I tried pressing play, and nothing.  I tried pressing pause again...nothing.  I tried to press stop, then play and my place in the movie was lost!!!

It don't know if it's a cure for all players but on mine, I have to hit the pop up menu button to get the movie to start playing again. It's that way with all Universal discs for me.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted January 30 2010 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeM 

I was able to press pause and play earlier in the movie with no problem...it just wasn't paused for as long.

Thanks Universal for broadcasting your logo to tell me what crappy authoring you do!!

/img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif   /img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif 

Travis is right.  You have to hit the "Menu" button.  It first happened to me while watching Battlestar Galactica Season 1.  Pretty stupid if you ask me.  You would think pressing any button would restart the film (or atleast "play" for goodness sakes).  Not very intuitive at all.  They should atleast put "press menu to resume" on the screen if they're going to do this nonsense. 

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 31 2010 - 04:48 AM

Quote:
Travis is right.  You have to hit the "Menu" button.  It first happened to me while watching Battlestar Galactica Season 1.  Pretty stupid if you ask me.  You would think pressing any button would restart the film (or atleast "play" for goodness sakes).  Not very intuitive at all.  They should atleast put "press menu to resume" on the screen if they're going to do this nonsense. 

I reported this to them way back on their Doomsday BD.  On HD DVD their screen saver would go away by pressing either menu or play.  When they copied it over they dropped support for the play button.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 04:53 AM

To exit the Universal screen saver mode it's the Enter button on the remote for those who use the PS3.  Brings you back to the paused imaged.

Death before Streaming!

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted February 03 2010 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_K 

To exit the Universal screen saver mode it's the Enter button on the remote for those who use the PS3.  Brings you back to the paused imaged.

Pushing the Enter button works on Sony's standalone BD players too.

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection