What's new

Magic Mouse announced (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As one who is sick and tired of the scrolling ball on my Mighty Mouse failing (and having to be cleaned only to fail again within a few weeks/months) I will probably buy one and soon!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I drove to the store only to find out they don't have them today and might not have them for a few weeks, sigh. So much for demoing windows 7 on a magic mouse!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sam, several weeks? Really? I called one of my local So-Cal Apple stores and the rep said they were "on the way" and to call back within a day or two to make sure they got a shipment. I'm hoping my rep was right...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I stumbled upon a Targus Bluetooth mouse at an Office Depot. It has an optical sensor where the scroll ball would be, so it never needs cleaning. You just move your finger over the clear surface. Plus it's a very definite third button, better than trying to click on a scroll wheel. Not multi-touch, but I've been happy with it, once I turned the sensitivity all the way down.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Does the magic mouse have controls for Expose, Dashboard, or such features?

Is it speculated that it will gain functionality (more gestures) with future driver revisions?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Read the Engadget review and for the life of me I can't
figure out if they liked the mouse or not.

Dunno, seems like a very strange animal, but at the
same time, if it effectively changes the way we use our
computer via touch in the same way it did for the iPhone
and Macbooks then I am not too worried a switch.

Please, whomever buys this thing first, post a
thorough review here. I will not get my 27" iMac
for another few weeks yet.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Will do Ron. Just called my two local stores and both have said "hopefully by the weekend".

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. Talk about lowering my expectations.

Well, will wait to read reviews from some of you over
the next few weeks.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'll reserve judgment until I get my hands on one. CNet and I have disagreed more often than we've agreed. But heck, if the mouse only keeps me from having a stuck "rollerball" scroll button, I think that will be enough...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm surprised to see that it uses replaceable AA batteries, rather than a sealed rechargeable battery. I guess that's how they keep the price down.

I love my MX Revolution charging cradle; the new one uses a mini-USB cable for charging. Back before then, my PDA had a great cradle; subsequently replaced by USB cable.

Bummer; I like the charging cradles. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for the convenience and elegance over these Hydra-like cables. Everytime I remove a cable, two more spring up to take its place.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Did you notice that the new iMac ships with but a SINGLE cable now? The Power Cord.

If The Steve can get rid of that one cable the universe will be at peace.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
[/url]

Did you notice that the new iMac ships with but a SINGLE cable now? The Power Cord.

If The Steve can get rid of that one cable the universe will be at peace.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Got to use one briefly today at the Apple store on a 27" iMac 3.06 C2D. I was impressed with it overall and I will definitely be buying one sooner rather than later.

But the Wow thing for me today was seeing the beautiful new 109dpi 27" iMac screen. Beautiful, sharp images. I knew the specs were superior to the previous 24" screen but my faith today was really rewarded when I saw 2560x1440 in all of it's glory. Being a font geek, I was really amped when I started up Pages and saw the screen render Garamond Premier Pro 12 point in near-on-the-page-image quality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks