What's new

Advice on speakers/woofer/receiver etc. (1 Viewer)

Giants84

Auditioning
Real Name
Oleg G
Hows it going, looking to spend between 7-10k on a home theater system. Wondering if martin logan is a good idea to go with their stuff or is there something better, thank you.

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
the martinlogan stuff definitely deserves a listen and a place on the list, but you should have a list. listen to as many speakers as you can at, above and below your price point. this will give you a basis for comparison. ultimately, whatever you buy will sound different in your home than it does in a show room. is there something better? your ears will tell you...

what exactly does that budget need to cover, 5 speakers, sub and avr? something else? less than that? you could easily blow your budget on 5 martinlogan speakers alone. how big is your room? what are your priorities? loudness? accuracy? is this primarily for music or movies? how much of each and what genres?

these factors will help us give you picks...

Giants84

Auditioning
Real Name
Oleg G
Budget covers everything except the tv, including blu-ray player/wires i guess. The room is not big but not to small normal size apt living room. My priorities are for movies/tv mostly,ps3/360 and some music. Just heard that martin logan is probably the best for that budget, not sure if that is true.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
There is really no "best" for any budget. What you heard was someone's opinion. We all have opinions and they can be different. What matters is what YOU like. Max is correct. Listen to all the speakers you can in your price range.

I would suggest you budget about $1000 for the receiver and about $1000-1500 for the sub. Get cables from Blue Jeans or Monoprice (not expensive).

Check out internet direct for the sub (SVS, HSU, etc).

Giants84

Auditioning
Real Name
Oleg G
Thanks, by the way how are Klipsch speakers i heard they were pretty good and lower priced?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Klipsch makes a lot of different speakers at different price points. Go listen to some. Some think the horn tweeter sounds 'crisp' while others think it sounds 'harsh'. Only you can make that determination.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks