What's new

NO audio in hdmi, please help (1 Viewer)

jbasagoi

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose Basagoitia
I have a Sony h-theater IS-100 working fine for 2 months, have 3 hdmi imputs, BD,DVD and SAT; now the SAT only provides video, no audio, i change the cable and check the dishnetwork box, just the SAT hdmi does not produce audio what can i do?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Jose - Try plugging the satellite's HDMI cable into the BD HDMI input on your IS-100 and plug the BD's HDMI cable into the satellite's HDMI input on the IS-100. If the satellite now works and the BD player does not, then you either have an incorrect setting on the receiver or you have a bad HDMI input on your IS-100. If the BD player works and the satellite still does not, then either you have an incorrect setting on your satellite receiver or the HDMI plug on the satellite receiver is shot. (A bad HDMI connector was a common problem on the Dish ViP-622. The ViP-722 should have had the problem corrected.)

jbasagoi

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose Basagoitia
Seems to be that when I jiggle the cable in the SAT HDMI in the is100 the video and the audio work and sometimes only the video, looks more like a faulty HDMI failure in the is100 input

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks