Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

tvshowsondvd.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,039 posts

Posted October 10 2009 - 03:12 PM

if you go to the tv-dvd section, and submit 35% instead of the default 40%, you can get a bigger display of the shows available.  i always display it in the order of newly listed, so i can see what is new.

the weird thing is that many of the shows that are listed have been on dvd for months.  any thoughts ?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,039 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 04:16 AM

i look for new shows about every other day.  happy days - season 1 just popped up at the top.  but when i go to amazon, it says released in 2004.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 02 2009 - 08:22 AM

I had forgotten about that Amazon sale link at TSoD.  I hit that site every day; it's one of my 'net home tabs, but I haven't looked at that sales list for a while.  Thanks for the reminder.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 09:15 AM

I think you are misinterpreting the use of New in this case. I never took it to mean new to DVD but just new to the Amazon sales list.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,039 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 09:20 AM

i see - you mean that amazon never sold that dvd, even though it came out in 2004 ?  gosh, i guess i was thinking that all i had to do was go to amazon to see if a tv show had been legally released or not ?

from what you are saying, that does not seem to be true.  is there any one site that lists all the shows that have legal copies ?  irregardless if they sell them or not.  i am just curious as to what shows have had any sort of releases on them.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,571 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjet 

i see - you mean that amazon never sold that dvd, even though it came out in 2004 ?  gosh, i guess i was thinking that all i had to do was go to amazon to see if a tv show had been legally released or not ?

No, that's not what Brad means.  What's happening when anyone opens the Amazon Sale link at TVShowsonDVD.com is that it shows dvd sets that have just gone on sale at whatever discount you choose.  It's not telling us that Amazon is just now carrying those titles.  Amazon carries titles the day they are originally released 99.99% of the time.  The only thing "new" in this case is that the title in question just went on sale at Amazon for a discounted price.  Not that Amazon just got the dvd in stock for the first time.

Gary "hope that clarifies things" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 09:56 AM

As I understand that list, "recent additions" on that pages just means it's a new sale price. I'm sure Amazon has been selling Happy Days ever since it was released. "Family Guy" volume 5 isn't a new release either, but the 40%-off sale price may be new.

TV Shows on DVD is the best place to go to find out whether something has been legitimately released in the U.S., but I think you're probably looking at the wrong pages there to get what you want. Use the "Release Schedule" pages for upcoming releases, or "DVD Releases" for a comprehensive list of shows that have already been released.

ETA: And of course the front page for the latest buzz about what's in the pipeline for the future.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,039 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 09:56 AM

oh, i get it now.

new can simply mean a price reduction ?

i guess i can still use it, but i will think of it as a different tool - LOL.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,039 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 09:59 AM

thanks mary,

did not see your reply when i made my last post.  checked out that area - wow, there are tons of titles, great.