Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Recommended headphones that are good to listen with Blu-ray and DVDs???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Bleach

Bleach

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted October 09 2009 - 04:36 PM

hi,

i wanted to know if someone can recommend a good pair of headphones that work good with surround sound on Blu-rays and DVDs. Particularly Blu-ray. I'd prefer wireless but one with wires is cool too.  I'm willing to spend up to a few hundred dollars max. definitely under $500. Cause i know the real good high end (Which is what i want) can cost around that. See the problem is I need to get a pair of headphones cause I am moving into a apartment sometime before the end of the year. Obviously I won't be able to use my surround sound as much or at the volume i like it at so i decided to invest in good headphones. Can anyone recommend a good brand and/or model that is good for that kind of situation? thanks in advance.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted October 09 2009 - 05:33 PM

First you should decide if you want "open" or "closed" headphones. I prefer open, but it's personal preference. And if you want to use more than 1 headphone at the same time, you'll need a headphone amp. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a headphone amp until I started reading at this GREAT website: HEAD-FI.ORG. There's more info there than you will ever need.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   dfeller

dfeller

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted October 13 2009 - 06:14 AM

The Bose noise cancelling product lines are all impressive. I typically use them for airplances/travelling, but apartment living can be noisy in its own category. They have both types - and they bring a lot of sound quality even around children.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   deacongreg

deacongreg

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted November 16 2009 - 05:20 PM

I`m an avid headphone listener, since I was about 17 in my deejay years. Long before the Headphone boom we have now. Under five hundred, I would recommend the Sennheiser HD600s, which were their flagship and the darlings of the industry, until the HD650s appeared. You can get them for about $299.95 discounted thru Headroom, of J&R Music World. Or, the AKG K701s and the   Beyerdynamics Dt880s. These are both great cans, slightly different characteristics and sound, so listen before if you can. Pricing around $350.00 discounted for both. Actually, NSL (Northren Sound and Light) has the AKG K 701s, brand new, at an overstock price of $248.97      You can not do better than that................. Hope that helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users