What's new

Fox orders development of "Sci-Fi"/Western Series.... (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Haven't we been here before?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i087771e1f6660364cf8e8e1c83832524

Fox has roped in a Western drama from "Chuck" executive producer Scott Rosenbaum.

The untitled project, from Warner Bros. TV and McG's studio-based Wonderland Sound and Vision, has landed a script commitment with a significant penalty.

Described as an epic Western with a sci-fi twist, the show will revolve around "a gunslinger caught between worlds" and will feature a nod to "Planet of the Apes," said Rosenbaum, who is executive producing with Wonderland's McG and Peter Johnson.

I keep thinking "Firefly?" "Brisco County?" ......... ? Someone at Fox must love this as a concept.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

I keep thinking "Firefly?" "Brisco County?" ......... ? Someone at Fox must love this as a concept.
You can go back as far as The Wild Wild West for that particular mashup. I think it's popular because both genres deal with pioneers on a new frontier.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Diallo B

isn't it fox that screwed over firefly in the first place?
Well, it was FOX that gave "Firefly" a chance in the first place. I doubt the show has much of a shot at long-term survival, even if the network had a better marketing strategy for the show.

FOX gets a bad rap, because it cancels more great shows than any of the other networks. But it also takes a chance on probably more great shows than all of the others combined.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It isn't these guys' fault what happened with Firefly in any case. I love Chuck and don't mind seeing what they come up with.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
well i find it ironic that fox is looking for a 'space western' after how they treated firefly.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

(Does CBS air anything but crime procedurals? Yes I realize it's a slight exaggeration, they have HIMYM and Big Bang Theory, but still).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks