-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Needing opinion on a new receiver...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 bosawx17

bosawx17

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted October 07 2009 - 12:12 PM

Alright, fellas...I just bought a new house and new system.  I need some recommendations on a new receiver.  It is going in a basement theater room so it will be for 75% movies & 25% TV watching (sporting events).

All the speakers are JBL Studio-L Series...

Fronts - L890's
Center - LC2
Surrounds & Surround Backs - L820's
Subwoofer - L8400P

I am possibly doing 2 subs as well.  My budget is around $1,500.

Thanks, guys.

#2 of 3 bosawx17

bosawx17

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted October 10 2009 - 11:46 PM

I have always been a Denon fan.  I went into my local Magnolia and they demo'd all of there "Big Boy" selection.

Denon AVR-4310 & AVR-3310

Yamaha RX-V3900 & RX-V2065

Pio Elite SC-27 & SC-25

Onkyo TX-NR807

I listened to all of them on Def. Techs. which is what I have in another room and I liked the Elite's the best.  Denon was last out of the 4.  The Mag guy said they also have access to the Onkyo TX-NR1007 & TX-NR3007.

Does anyone else have these speakers that can give me some guidance?

Thanks.

#3 of 3 ShanonS

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted October 12 2009 - 04:40 AM

Looks like you have a good selection there.  Personally, I prefer Onkyo and Denon.  It's really not a fair comparison without engaging the various processing and room correction available on each receiver.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I kinda doubt that the Magnolia guys took the time to go through the process of properly setting them up, if they even know how.