-

Photo
- - - - -

Where's the love for The Changeling (1980)?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   John Kwong

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 10:06 PM

One of my favourite scary movies and have had the old HBO snapcase DVD for ages. Anyone hear anything about this being released on blu? It certainly could use the upgrade ....

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_D_R

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted October 07 2009 - 12:41 AM

Lots of love from me!  Nothing like a skillfully crafted, suspenseful chiller, with great actors.  Smaller films like this, I fear for their future on high-def, but if something like Vanishing Point can get a blu ray release, anything is possible.  Now Miracle Mile on the other hand...

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted October 12 2009 - 08:36 AM

I want MY 1980 B Horror Movie back!!!

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 555 posts

Posted October 13 2009 - 04:48 AM

Really good movie!!! Would like to see it on Blu...done with a bit or care.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   johnSM

johnSM

Second Unit

• 432 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thought I'd give this all too brief thread a bump! Watched the DVD of this only a few weeks ago and was again reminded of what a masterful piece of suspense/horror film making this is. Utterly superb acting from George C. Scott (would we expect anything less from him?!), great direction, atmosphere, locations, soundtrack, story. Pre-CGI (not a fan of the over-reliance on this tool these days) no bad language, no annoying teens, 'trendy' shaky-cam, no blood and gore. Just a fantastic story and a very tight script! If only we had more films like this these days (though Woman In Black was a recent stand-out). Would love to see this given the Criterion bluray treatment - what are the chances I wonder..... - John

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,294 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted February 17 2013 - 10:00 AM

Excellent film.....a classic. Can't wait for the blu.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#7 of 13 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted February 17 2013 - 01:35 PM

The only film that scared me so much (as an adult) that I ended up giving the dvd to my sister!

#8 of 13 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted February 17 2013 - 01:35 PM

The only film that scared me so much (as an adult) that I ended up giving the dvd to my sister!

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,170 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 02:14 PM

There's plenty of love for this film out here, there just ain't no Blu-ray! Who owns this title now? It was on the HBO label.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 555 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 02:22 PM

great movie....i would most certainly welcome a blu!!

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,380 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 03:40 PM

It scared Eric so much that he posted it twice! The Changeling: First day purchase. I wonder if Twilight can get their hands on this one...seems right up their alley.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,149 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 05:53 PM

THE CHANGELING, like THE SILENT PARTNER, were both early Mario Kassar/Andrew Vajna productions for what became Carolco. HBO initially had rights to both for video (the first Vestron releases came through their overall deal with HBO at their inception), but since PARTNER has reverted back to StudioCanal, I suspect THE CHANGELING is theirs as well. In other words, chances are not very good for any release, standard def or Blu-Ray. :(
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,170 posts

Posted February 18 2013 - 02:37 AM

THE CHANGELING, like THE SILENT PARTNER, were both early Mario Kassar/Andrew Vajna productions for what became Carolco. HBO initially had rights to both for video (the first Vestron releases came through their overall deal with HBO at their inception), but since PARTNER has reverted back to StudioCanal, I suspect THE CHANGELING is theirs as well. In other words, chances are not very good for any release, standard def or Blu-Ray. :(

Although we did at least get a pretty decent DVD of SILENT PARTNER a couple of years ago from Lion's Gate, which does have rights to Studio Canal catalog titles. For a time, Lion's Gate was churning out lots of inexpensive DVD's (mostly Mirimax), but they've slowed way down, like MGM has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users