-

Photo
- - - - -

The King Family Show - Is it available on DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted October 06 2009 - 02:47 PM

I'd love to get this on DVD, I've enjoyed what I've seen of it and would like to get the series on DVD. Has there ever been any releases of any episodes? There are clips of it on their official website, do they own it or does ABC retain the rights to it? I'd hope the family does, then maybe there would be a chance.

Would there be music rights issues or were all the songs they performed created for the show or in the public domain?

Thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Elena S

Elena S

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted October 07 2009 - 06:35 PM

Music rights issues galore, I suspect. Coupled with the fact that there's probably not much demand for the series. It might not be outside the realm of possibility that an episode or two might show up on a compilation one day, though. I think that's the most we can hope for. I loved the show too, by the way. Never missed it.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim B.

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted October 08 2009 - 06:32 AM

The King Family Show reflected all the values that are held in complete contempt by todays entertainment industry, government, and academia. God, family, American greatness. While the counter culture freak radicals were then on full display, this show was a last look at normality.
Pick up the King Family Show vinyl records at your local thrift store or ebay, The King Family Show WS-1601, The King Family Album WS-1613, both excellent, full of classic popular and patriotic songs with excellent arrangements, and pictures and history from the TV show.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   mrmike898

mrmike898

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted October 08 2009 - 07:57 PM

According to Amazon.com, "Christmas with The King Family" will be released on DVD November 10, 2009 by Infinity Entertainment Group.  There's also a listing for it on Infinity Entertainment Group's site, along with a thumbnail picture of the cover and a detailed synopsis of what this release will contain.  It retails for $14.98.