What's new

Barnaby Jones hope? (1 Viewer)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
For what it's worth, the Paramount Syndication Bible indicates that, as of last month, HD transfer was begun on Barnaby Jones. Makes me feel good about Cannon, too. (That one still isn't being transferred, but if Cannon were bombing, they wouldn't release Barnaby.)

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Great news! At least I hope it is great news. Thanks for the information.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
If so, looking forward to that too! Don't think there's been any news on more Cannon yet, but since it quality-wise already looks pretty battered, I see no reason that would stop it. Hopefully some good news soon, and remember; long live 70s crime TV.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I loved Barnaby Jones. I hope we see it and more Cannon soon. Also hope for more Jake and the Fatman.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
you forgot to mention Matt Houston as well.

I like to see Barnaby Jones as well on dvd, but, i am not holding my breath.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that Matt Houston was a great show and it ties in since Buddy Ebsen went onto Matt Houston, however it would be nice to keep the thought about Barnaby Jones and whether it is looks like it might finally be coming out. It is way overdue.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i agree that i like to see Barnaby Jones, because it was classic show. I love to see the episode that was mention on a cheers episode.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Originally Posted by FanCollector

For what it's worth, the Paramount Syndication Bible indicates that, as of last month, HD transfer was begun on Barnaby Jones. Makes me feel good about Cannon, too. (That one still isn't being transferred, but if Cannon were bombing, they wouldn't release Barnaby.)
Well if it's bombing, it's gotta be because of the damn split season sets. Part of me wants Barnaby Jones, but at 8 seasons, would we got all 8 seasons? I'm willing to bet they'd split the season sets up which would kill any chance of it.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am not for split season, beside we have not see anymore of the Streets of San Francisco either. They release season 1 & 2 in volumes. I was not very happy with that approach, but, it does one thing for you and that keeps the dvd costs down.

I would still buy the dvds even if they are split.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
How so? The way I figure it, the studios are charging the same price for half the episodes. How does that keep the costs down?

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Well the first season was only 13 episodes so I don't think they would split that one but after that I would even buy them split. My main concern would be if they released the full version instead of the syndicated versions. They made some big cuts when they were syndicated and not very clean ones either.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i guess we will have to wait and see what happens. BTW: Cannon 2nd Season, Volume #2 has not been released along with anymore the streets of san fransciso.These were other shows done by Quinn Martin.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Look for Barnaby Jones Season 1 to be released on 2/16/10 along with Cannon S2V2 on the same date.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info. I remember "Barnaby Jones". I might get that one. I hope it won't be one of those split/season releases.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary16

Look for Barnaby Jones Season 1 to be released on 2/16/10 along with Cannon S2V2 on the same date.

Thanks for that great news, Gary! I know you well enough to know you aren't going to post something like that without solid info, so I'm very excited and looking forward to those releases.

Gary "haven't seen Barnaby Jones in many a year" O.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Gary16

Full season or half season? If it's a full season, I'll be buying. If it's split, it's another show I won't.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
That is fantastic news, I just hope it is true. Once again season one was only 13 episodes, so I really can't see them spliting that up.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by peggy

That is fantastic news, I just hope it is true. Once again season one was only 13 episodes, so I really can't see them spliting that up.
Peggy,

Thanks for the info on S1. It's been so long since I've seen this show, I forgot that. It brings up the question about what the price will be for S1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks