-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 10-6-2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#21 of 45 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,652 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 05 2009 - 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben 

Mike --

One to add; it's a small DVD release but one I'll be reviewing for the forum:

Not Quite Hollywood, a documentary on the Oz exploitation film industry.
That's funny you should mention NQH...I just watched it yesterday afternoon.  Still trying to get through all the extras, though.

#22 of 45 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_V 

That's funny you should mention NQH...I just watched it yesterday afternoon.  Still trying to get through all the extras, though.

I'm going through them as well. It's a good collection of material.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#23 of 45 Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,263 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 05:52 AM

Dagnabit, just bought the Braveheart BD at full price.  Need to stop doing that.

#24 of 45 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 05 2009 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Zimmer 

Dagnabit, just bought the Braveheart BD at full price.  Need to stop doing that.

I stopped doing that a long time ago, Mark...except on the most desirous of releases for me.  I am now tempted by the BB price on Braveheart...but figure it might be found for even cheaper soon.  Can't really say, though.

Maybe you could buy a copy at BB this week and return it to the store where you bought your first copy?  Just sayin'...  (if the first store won't do a price match, that is).

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#25 of 45 Bryan Beckman

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 07:33 AM

Don't forget to pick up some Hefty plates, cups, or baggies when you go out to pick up "Snow White" tomorrow. There's a $5 rebate!

I'm trying to envision the marketing connection now:

"Only the best disposable dinnerware for the hard-working little men in your home!"
"Bags strong enough to drag a comatose young woman to her Prince Charming!"

#26 of 45 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 05 2009 - 07:57 AM

"Keep your poison apples fresh-as-can-be!"

http://wwwdelivery.s...0R-119607.jpg">

Thanks, Bryan! 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#27 of 45 pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 05 2009 - 09:12 AM

Just a 'heads-up' for anyone who ordered Snow White from Amazon. Their sale price is now $19.99. That means with the Amazon coupon code the final price is $9.99. Pretty hard to pass that up on a 3-disc set! /img/vbsmilies/htf/dance.gif">BTW, I called and they adjusted my price even though my status was "shipping soon." Thank you Amazon for giving me another good reason to not have to deal with BB... 

<br />

</div>

<div class=
Gary

#28 of 45 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 05 2009 - 09:17 AM

Gary:

Do I need to contact amazon for the credit? 

And, question #2:  the adjustment would drop my order below the $25 for free shipping.  How does that work?

#29 of 45 pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 05 2009 - 09:53 AM

Mike, I called Amazon when I saw the price changed to $19.99 and realized that my order status was "shipping soon." My order reflected the $24.99 price, but I couldn't change it, so that's why I called. The CSR pulled up my order and changed the price. Re: your second question, when I placed my original order I didn't piggy-back it with anything, so I was always paying the $2.98 shipping. I am pretty sure though in your case, since the price adjustment is due to their "low price pre-order guarantee" your free shipping remains in effect. At least, that is the way it has worked for me in the past.
Gary

#30 of 45 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,817 posts

Posted October 05 2009 - 11:21 AM

For those who haven't preordered the Snow White BD yet, you might find it for *another* buck less in Amazon's Today's Deals.

For a mere $8.99 + tax, I finally could not resist the upgrade -- and also ordered the BDs of Monsters vs Aliens and Van Helsing (currently at $19.99 and $12.49 respectively) to go w/ it to qualify for free shipping.

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#31 of 45 Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Posted October 05 2009 - 09:19 PM

I don't see it in Today's Deals... today (Tues). But found a $10 coupon on Slickdeals.net that brings it to $9.99...

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/25036/Snow-White-Diamond-Edition-Blu-rayDVD-Combo-10

#32 of 45 Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 05:16 AM

BTW, it looks like Amazon is price-matching Target on "Ally McBeal: The Complete Series" -- it's coming up at $99.99 right now.

I'd like to wait on some feedback as to whether the music is indeed intact as advertised, but I gotta admit, my trigger finger's getting mighty itchy!

#33 of 45 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 06 2009 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard 

I thought that the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Blu was moved up to this week? Is it still being released on 10-20?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

The lists I check each week put it at 10-20-09, Eric.   And, no retailers are advertising a Wonka release for this week...and you';d think that would be an important title to advertise. 

You'll have to wait another couple of weeks before you look for a Golden Ticket.

And as happens so often when release dates get screwed with...

BIG NEWS!

I just saw Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at Target on BD in digi-book form.  No great price...but there it was...for $29.99.  If you've got to have you fix of Golden Tickets and Oompa-Loompas sooner rather than later...go for it!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 of 45 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,817 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Merrick View Post

I don't see it in Today's Deals... today (Tues). But found a $10 coupon on Slickdeals.net that brings it to $9.99...

The Snow White BD was in yesterday's Amazon "deals".  You probably just missed the cutoff -- not too sure when, but it was probably circa 3am ET.  Anyway, it was only another buck cheaper, so not a big loss.

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#35 of 45 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 12:59 PM

My local Target had the BluRays of X-Men, X-Men 2, and X-Men 3 on sale for $16.99 each, but they were all gone the same day they went on sale (Sunday).

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#36 of 45 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 06 2009 - 01:12 PM

Wonka is mine!!!!!

#37 of 45 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 06 2009 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard 

Wonka is mine!!!!!
I figured there'd be at least one happy camper at that news...  /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

#38 of 45 terry deto

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts
  • LocationJackson,MI

Posted October 07 2009 - 03:57 AM

how about another $5.00 off snow white herewww.kernelseasons.com/MovieNight.php

#39 of 45 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,652 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 07 2009 - 04:01 AM

^ I'll personally vouch for their seasonings. It's the only way we eat popcorn...airpopped with Kernal Seasonings.  :D

#40 of 45 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,072 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 08 2009 - 09:23 AM

Are there NO Lola Falana fans in the house?!?  /img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif

/img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif