Here's the text:
the long play. the official subscription site.
Long Play is a year of music. While digging for inspiration and journaling the process of writing and recording, I will release 5 EP’s and a full-length album through samphillips.com. There is no record company involved — this is just between us.
As a subscriber, every two months you will automatically receive a high-quality digital EP made up of new songs, new versions of my old songs, seasonal songs, or previously unreleased songs. (The first EP is entitled “Hypnotists in Paris”; a collaboration between myself and The Section Quartet.)
At the end of the Long Play, next fall, you will receive a full-length digital album. This is the most music I’ve ever released in a one-year period. Essays, video, photos and audio logs will make the Long Play part music, book, magazine, laboratory, radio program and curiosity collection.
Will opening up some of the creative process affect the way I write and record the music? Will it affect how you hear it? I have no idea, and there’s only one way to find out…please join me for the Long Play.
A $52 subscription includes:
- 5 digital EP’s (high-quality MP3 format); released every two months starting October 1, 2009
- 1 full-length digital album (high-quality MP3 format); scheduled for release in the fall of 2010
- 1 Subscribers-only bonus track with each EP and album, plus additional bonus tracks throughout the year
- Bonus audio and video content throughout the year
- Long Project; may include live concert footage, rehearsal tapes, demos, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews, etc.
- Exclusive audio and visual oddities
- Membership in the Long Play community with exclusive access to Sam’s journaling of her creative process as well as an exclusive social network of Sam’s fans.