Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount Pre-1950 Films owned by Universal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 of 66 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 915 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:52 AM

I'm still waiting for the Dorothy Lamour Technicolor "sarong" movies: HER JUNGLE LOVE, ALOMA OF THE SOUTH SEAS, TYPHOON, BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON (1938-42), as well as the first film in the series (but shot in black-and-white), THE JUNGLE PRINCESS. I've never known these to even be on TV in my lifetime. And the one Maria Montez-Jon Hall film I've never seen, THE WHITE SAVAGE (1943), also in Technicolor.

#62 of 66 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,408 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 05:17 AM

I see they have a combined deal with Sign of the Cross and Cleopatra and a few other films with the set. I wonder how they look?

#63 of 66 OFFLINE   reneerose

reneerose

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm still waiting for the Dorothy Lamour Technicolor "sarong" movies: HER JUNGLE LOVE, ALOMA OF THE SOUTH SEAS, TYPHOON, BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON (1938-42), as well as the first film in the series (but shot in black-and-white), THE JUNGLE PRINCESS. I've never know these to even be on TV in my lifetime. And the one Maria Montez-Jon Hall film I've never seen, THE WHITE SAVAGE (1943), also in Technicolor.
Saw a private copy of Her Jungle Love and it would be cool to see it remastered, a Lamour boxset!

#64 of 66 OFFLINE   Seanhtf

Seanhtf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 10:57 PM

The reason that the cut-off was '48, by the way, was because after that year, television distributors had to pay a portion of the profits towards SAG royalties.

Don't take the term "pre-48" too literally. Universal owns quite a few Paramounts released in 1948 and 1949.

1948: "Albuquerque," "Beyond Glory," "Big Clock, The," "Dream Girl," "Emperor Waltz, The," "Foreign Affair, A," "Hatter's Castle," "Hazard," "Isn't It Romantic?" "Miss Tatlock's Millions," "Night Has a Thousand Eyes," "Paleface, The," "Saigon," "Sainted Sisters, The," "Sealed Verdict," "So Evil My Love," and "Whispering Smith."

1949: "Accused, The," "Alias Nick Beal," "Chicago Deadline," "Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, A," "Great Gatsby, The," "Heiress, The," "My Own True Love," "Song of Surrender," "Sorrowful Jones," and "Streets of Laredo."

Sean

#65 of 66 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted March 30 2013 - 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH. Hopefully the Deanna Durbin movies we haven't already gotten. That would be wonderful.
More Deanna Durbin would be most welcomed! Over the last year I have been seeing more of her movies and they are addicting! I wouldn't even mind another Sweetheart collection!100 Men and a Girl, His Butler's Sister... to name a couple...

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#66 of 66 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted March 30 2013 - 08:57 PM

Any news on Skippy?

Edited by battlebeast, March 30 2013 - 08:58 PM.

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users