Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Away We Go - Recommended

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,854 posts

Posted September 28 2009 - 03:57 PM

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted September 28 2009 - 04:12 PM

Nice review, Kevin. I hope people check this out, because Maya Rudolph is amazing in it. She and Krasinski create one of the most credible screen couples I've seen in a long time.

Also, for people who think Sam Mendes only makes Oscar-aspiration films, this is the one that breaks the mold. Not that it isn't a good film, but it doesn't have that sense of "Important Film" stamped all over it. Part of the credit is due to Ellen Kuras's cinematography, which is simple (deceptively so) and naturalistic. Sounds like it came through well on the Blu-ray.

Quote:

Maggie Gyllenhaal (hilarious here and far better than her performance in The Dark Knight)

Everything Gyllenhaal has done was better than her performance in The Dark Knight. After Secretary and SherryBaby and The Great New Wonderful and even Stranger Than Fiction, it's just painful to watch a great actress wasted in a sacrificial girlfriend role.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,797 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 29 2009 - 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Reuben 

I hope people check this out, because Maya Rudolph is amazing in it. She and Krasinski create one of the most credible screen couples I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph are very appealing as a couple and, in my opinion, are a big reason why the movie is as good as it is.

I definitely hope more people see it on video. When I caught it in the theater, I was the only person there.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted September 29 2009 - 06:47 AM

Should get it in the mail from NF today. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the write-up!

#5 of 6 ONLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 939 posts

Posted October 01 2009 - 04:14 AM

I can't believe the same director that gave us American Beauty directed this excuse for a movie. I took it out of the player after an hour and took it back.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted October 01 2009 - 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by trajan 

I can't believe the same director that gave us American Beauty directed this excuse for a movie. I took it out of the player after an hour and took it back.
Heh. That actually sweetens the deal for me. I hated American Beauty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users