I am a newbie to this forum and website and wish I would have found it before I completed my home theatre.
I gutted my basement and turned it into livable space. While doing it, I decided to make it my little Home Theatre too. Wife said I could get a new TV as soon as I finished. (you can see the old tube we were used too).
Now I'm down to finding the right surround sound system for it and desperately need some help or advice as I have no real knowledge on what companies are reputable and which ones aren't. I don't game and need a kickass system for sports and movies. want that chest rattling bass. I am limited to Best Buy/Magnolia or some really high-end audio stores in the Portland, OR area. Magnolia has this Definitive 5.1 system that sounded good in their audio room but at $800 for just the speakers might be a little high for me because I need a receiver and blu-ray player. However, one of the higher end stores says they have a Gale 5.1 system they could sell me for under $500. Just speakers, no receivers. I've never heard of Gale and the fact that I won't be able to listen to it before I buy makes me stand-offish to them.
Here's the specs of the room:
- 22ft long by 13ft wide, 7' 2" ceilings. (Pic below)
- Carpeted floor
- Just purchased a 46" Samsung 640 LCD (which i'm thinking of exchanging for a Plasma - another post)
- Monster THX cable run through walls and ready for mounted speakers up close to the ceiling - 5.1
- Ran Monster Ultra Sub cable under floor to a connect next to the sofa.
- [*]Without Spending a lot of money, is there a good HTIB system that would be sufficient in this room?[*]What size system and Subwoofer would I need in this room?
Thanks so much for any help and advice!!!!!!!