-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BD American President, When?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Claude S

Claude S

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 02:17 PM

I read somewhere Warner Home Video was preparing The American President for release in Blu Ray but it was at least a year when I read the report. Does anyone have any idea when it will be released? I have nothing against movies like Dead Calm and Creepshow but why has movies like these come out recently in the format and not TAP. I consider the DVD version of The American President as one of the worst transfer ever from WHV and you would think they would have done something about releasing a anamorphic 16X9  Blu Ray and DVD  by now.  Everyone has been waiting a long time for this title and why Warner has not done anything about it by now is  puzzling.

-Claude 

#2 of 7 Scott Jentsch

Scott Jentsch

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted September 29 2009 - 01:46 PM

I agree. The American President has to be the worst DVD transfer that I own. It's an enjoyable movie that would resonate well with audiences again.

Scott Jentsch
Publisher - The BigScreen Cinema Guide

#3 of 7 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted September 29 2009 - 03:28 PM

Is it worse than "The Godfather" on DVD? I love the movie, but it's the worst looking DVD I've seen yet. And the Blu-ray version is not much better.

#4 of 7 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted September 30 2009 - 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mcc 

Is it worse than "The Godfather" on DVD? I love the movie, but it's the worst looking DVD I've seen yet. And the Blu-ray version is not much better.
/img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif

Not even remotely close to being true.  The Godfather DVDs are a mess, but the Blu-ray is a completely new master and transfer that is considered top-tier.

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#5 of 7 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,083 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 30 2009 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mcc 

In the scene where they are playing pool, you can see the jaggies on the pool sticks!  TAP on dvd is a horrible transfer.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 7 Claude S

Claude S

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted September 30 2009 - 12:39 PM

Jim Mcc,

I do not understand when you said "and the Blu Ray" is not very much better"  when THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT  was not yet released in the high definition disc format.

-Claude

#7 of 7 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,685 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 30 2009 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude S View Post

Jim Mcc,

I do not understand when you said "and the Blu Ray" is not very much better"  when THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT  was not yet released in the high definition disc format.

-Claude

I'm fairly sure that he was asking if The American President DVD looked as bad as The Godfather DVD and that The Godfather Blu-ray didn't look much better than its DVD counterpart. I couldn't tell you why he thinks that though.