What's new

Brothers and Sisters - season 4 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Walker family returns for a 4th season tonight on ABC following their usual lead-in "Desperate Housewives" at 10 p.m. EDT. All I remember is Justin and Rebecca are heading down the matrimonial path, and Sarah has returned to Walker Landing, while who knows what happened to Tommy (I think he got written out for now).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching all season. A really solidly made show with good performances. But...

I don't understand all the angst! Why can't Justin just tell Rebecca what's going on! He has to wait till the last minute! At least he worked out his issues and he almost married her. And poor Kitty, doesn't look good for her collapsing at the wedding. She's keeping stuff from her hubby. Justin and Rebecca just arn't getting a break. Neither is Sarah and her issues with men who drove her French boyfriend away.

At least Tommy has got a break after all this time.

I knew that doctor was going to take Nora's money and run off.

But what the heck is with this side story of the illegitimate Walker kid and the former business rival trying to take down Harper. I guess that story will come back later this year.

Does it seem to anyone else there is so much angst and overly dramatic events and unhappiness going on in TV these days? This show, this season of Private Practice, or the ABC dramas have characters going through turmoil. Maybe it's reflecting what's going on in real life. People losing their savings to Madoff, health issues, and personal relationships going bad!

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I agree too much angst. I understand it is a primetime drama, but they might have taken it too far. Cancer, Fraud, Multiple Money lost investment storylines, kidnapping, fraud...I have already started to lose my mind trying to list them. Oh well hopefully things getting better in the new year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I mainly watch this show while folding laundry, but it's really a chore to even watch/listen to it in the background at times.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The angst has doubled the last 2 seasons.

Frankly, I hate the whole Justin/Rebecca relationship.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They should add Gregory Smith to the cast and have him steal Amy, I mean Rebecca away from Justin.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I was glad to see they wrapped up Kitty's cancer last night. I was fearing this was going to drag on for ages. I know some would criticize it was too easy but we knew she would get better so why drag it out.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the cancer storyline was getting a bit of a downer. I guess we'll never know who the famous politician was.

I was sure the other Walker son was bolting and they'd have to drag out the cancer storyline a few more weeks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if the last 5 minutes were worth the preceding 55 minutes of watching Kevin's need to excel on Paige's project. At least Holly's instincts are probably right about the worth of her stock to the guy jilted by William so many years ago.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
... or Kevin's need to excell at sperm donation. I realize all relationships are different, and even people we love can have annoying habits, but I can't even imagine being in a lifelong relationship with someone who feels the need for this type of "competition".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kevin must have some strong swimmers, his even bested Justin when knocking up Tommy's now ex-wife?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Why do they still continue to play Justin with so much angst, but then they show he may be dyslexic so I hope that drama is over! Glad they showed Sally Field/Nora show the loverboy the door!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
To me, Justin is a lost character, forever a knucklehead because of his own short fuse and tendency to blow things off. He can never just sit there and talk it out with someone (like Rebecca), instead, lets all the drama inside his headspace lead him to make rash decisions and actions. His coping skills suck.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This past Sunday's 2 hour episodes were pretty heavy! Well acted and a nice unexpected twist.

Glad to see that Tommy wasn't the one as everyone expected to have done something really bad. What a family secret to have! I liked the Thelma and Louise bit with the Walker women. Darn cliff hanger ending.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Seems like every ABC series this season is ending the season with deaths. Is this a desperate move to bump ratings? Or are actors wanting to quit.

The body count is pretty high so far, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives, not to mention the on going stuff on Lost, and now Brothers and Sisters.

Spoiler alert:

I already figured Robert was a goner when I heard Rob Lowe wanted to quit the show. But they sure threw in every red herring to make you think it could be Sol and then think it was Robert, but then he's okay, only to reveal that Sol is not okay and then Robert is the one. How can this family ensure so much!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No Patrick, I don't. I never heard of it! NBC is pretty much off my radar ever since the local NBC affiliate of some 40 years in San Francisco ended their relationship and went to another indie station in San Jose. Of course, most of the deaths I was mentioning are not major cast members. Parks and Recreation sounds like a lot of characters die!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh no, I was referring to "P&R" because had you seen the episode on Thursday night, you would not have been surprised by Rob Lowe jumping ship, as he showed up as a new character on "P&R" to springboard his joining of that cast for next season, and leaving B&S behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks