Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

FAME- 1980 Coming to Blu Sept. 28 2009 in United Kingdom.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 943 posts

Posted September 26 2009 - 12:09 PM

They should of released this in the US with the release of the remake. Will I have any problem viewing this on my Pioneer 120 blu ray player?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,455 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted September 26 2009 - 05:40 PM

Warner's BDs are always region free, so it will play on any player, including your Pioneer.

I suspect the US release will be day-and-date with the remake's Blu-ray.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,881 posts

Posted September 28 2009 - 02:52 PM

Is this really coming to BD soon/already?  Would be nice to own this on BD, especially if Warner prices it attractively like that seem to do w/ this level of catalog titles (here in the USA anyway).  Thanks for the heads up.

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted October 06 2009 - 05:39 PM

Available in Oz. 
Will have next week.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 04:21 PM

it looks really good!

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,881 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 06:04 PM

So how's it *sound*?

The US version is expected to be the same, correct?  Wish we didn't have to wait so long (until mid-Jan?) though...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   GVF25

GVF25

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 25 2009 - 12:04 AM

I just saw the original at the movies, forgot how good it is. Will have to pick this up for sure.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted October 27 2009 - 11:23 AM

Will listen to it later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users