Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

TCFHE Press Release: I Love You, Beth Cooper (DVD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,174 posts

Posted September 25 2009 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted September 26 2009 - 04:31 AM

"In the hilarious teen comedy...."  The person who wrote the press release obviously did not watch this turd.   I saw it with a free pass just to see if the reviews were correct.  They were.   I couldn't believe Chris Columbus would allow his name to be attached to this "movie".   I didn't laugh once.

#3 of 6 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,071 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 26 2009 - 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Thomann 

I couldn't believe Chris Columbus would allow his name to be attached to this "movie".

It's certainly not a good movie but it's still better than almost any other movie that Columbus has ever made.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 06:10 AM

I have to agree it was Columbus' best since ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING.

While the film was disappointing (I was a huge fan of the book which is hysterical) I didn't find it to be THAT bad.  (Entertainment Weekly gave it a positive review, in the B range)  Worth a look on DVD if you liked the book.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

It's certainly not a good movie but it's still better than almost any other movie that Columbus has ever made.
That's a ridiculous comment. HOME ALONE? The first two HARRY POTTER movies? Only three massively successful movies there (and HOME ALONE 2 made a fortune also). ONLY THE LONELY was also a terrific, underrated film which he wrote and directed. And don't forget the scripts to GREMLINS and GOONIES, which I think...ummmm....a few people liked, lol.

Comparing any of those movies to this bomb is IMO way off base, but to each his own.

#6 of 6 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,071 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 27 2009 - 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_Richardson 

That's a ridiculous comment. HOME ALONE? The first two HARRY POTTER movies? Only three massively successful movies there (and HOME ALONE 2 made a fortune also). ONLY THE LONELY was also a terrific, underrated film which he wrote and directed. And don't forget the scripts to GREMLINS and GOONIES, which I think...ummmm....a few people liked, lol.

Comparing any of those movies to this bomb is IMO way off base, but to each his own.

I know millions of people love his movies but I was only speaking for myself and not using box office to say something is good or bad. I think the Home Alone movies, Mrs. Doubtfire, Stepmom and Bicentennial Man are absolutely terrible movies. In all fariness, I've never seen Rent and I do like his two Harry Potter movies but, to me, it's not hard for I Love You, Beth Cooper to beat most of his directorial efforts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users